High beams (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
I replaced the horn pin the other day in my 1989 BJ74 put it back together and now my high beams don't work. Low beam works fine and all the fuses and bulbs are fine. Just wandering if anyone has had this issue and where I can start?
Pic of the very worn pin
Thanks
IMG20230909095216.jpg

for starters I would go back over what you did, maybe you will find something that got messed up
Yup I took it apart cleaned it and put it back together, the second time something must have worked because they're working now.. wouldn't mind finding out what it actually was. But the wiring in that rig is shocking, can only have the radio on if the headlights are running. I'm no good with electrical. Thanks anyway

Yup I took it apart cleaned it and put it back together, the second time something must have worked because they're working now.. wouldn't mind finding out what it actually was. But the wiring in that rig is shocking, can only have the radio on if the headlights are running. I'm no good with electrical. Thanks anyway
Stopped working again, can relays play up like this?

Hello,

It might be the relays or the combination switch.

Replace the relay and try shifting from low to high beam.

If the problem persists, it is the combination switch. Take it out and check electric continuity.

The combination switch uses three springs to change from low to high beam. In old age, the springs sag and cannot close the circuit.

You may have to replace the switch.

It was still available from Toyota last time I checked.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom