Hi There Everyone - I'm Matt and brand new to this place! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi - I'm Matt, I met a member of your group at the Peachland Car show some weeks back and he encouraged me to become a member here and introduce myself. Well, sounds good.
I guess the first thing to say is I am not a computer whizz so at first glance/ experience I find this site a prime place for what could be called learning opportunities, so please forgive my ignorance's.
Anyway, I was born in the Okanagan, I love traveling camping, wheeling, etc. I have not done any semi serious wheeling for some time but I would slowly like to get back into it....with my 1977 FJ-45. These days I am much more of a putter than racer but whatever is going on, getting out into the hills is my overall goal. Historically my 84 Yota Pick-Up is my favourite toy for bouncing around in the hills' however, my 45 is a bit of a neglected jewel that I would like to have some mild adventures with this summer. She is in decent but far from perfect shape and has been sitting for 7 plus years. I was encouraged by some other car enthusiasts to enter her into the Summerland and Peachland shows this past May, even though she is not super pretty and it began to rekindle a bit of a fire to get in and explore around and enjoy cruisin! Not surprisingly the Cruiser is in need of a little TLC. I am sure the more I dig, the more I will find but outside of the rust issues, the main problems seem to be seal related. GOFAST told me I could access pdf manuals on this site but I have been a combination of too hasty and busy to navigate my way to them successfully, so I thought to just ask.
Can someone please point me in the direction of a manual for a 1977 FJ45 with the 2F engine?
In addition to that, as time allows I would like to get involved a bit and become a part of this community. I can't offer a lot of knowledge per se but I am interested in learning, helping and socializing. It looks like some of You are planning a camp-trip in July. I would be very interested in coming to that if I have the 45 more road worthy by than...and ofcourse if the group would be open to basically a stranger showing up.
Anyway I guess that is an introduction of sorts. I will look for a past photo of the 45 to post too :)
Bye for now.

Welcome to the sickness, Matt! :) Love an FJ45. I live in Abbotsford and drive the '81 BJ42 in my signature line on sunny days and am getting the BJ60 ready for the road.

Over in the Forums section, you'll find sub-forums for the different land cruiser models and other topics.

1654515267295.png

Inside the Forums, you'll find the FJ40/FJ55 sub-forum and in there is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread, and inside all of that are links to the manuals

You need to post up pics of your truck! (take some pics on your phone, use the 'Attach Files' button) :beer:

The club is planning a trip to Whipsaw (west of Princeton) later this summer. There is a trip planning thread on this forum you posted into.

Rob

Last edited:
Glad to see another person from the Okanagan! I recently moved to Peachland and have been putting around the Forest service roads. There are a few cruisers around for sure.

Hi Matt - just to help out a bit. At the top is a Resources header. There are digital manuals for everything there.
Nice to see someone actually driving their FJ45 daily, very cool!

4A6545D0-98F9-4824-A698-B7FB70DF60FB.png

Last edited:
Welcome! Nice to see a 45 out there. You've also got a wealth of Land Cruiser Professors in your area and S/SE BC. With that treasure if yours, I'm certain you'll get to know them.

Hey - Thanks for the Welcome and information. I found the 2F manual and a manual for the 40, which I figure is similar in many respects to the 45.
The WhipSaw! I was up at I think it is Loadstone Lake some years back. I putted on down the trail a ways but not all the way South. It was getting a bit knarly! :)

Hi Matt, good to have you here.

Welcome aboard!

Hmm I just discovered this thread.

Yes - I see that you keep your 45 series tucked away - I work just down the road from your house - I regularly drive my green Toyota pickup / Land Cruiser by your place

I hope you pull that thing out someday - I have some bits and Pieces here and there if you need any parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom