• I Have The 48" and It Isnt Long Enough

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I Have The 60" and It Works Great

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • I Have The 60" and Its Too Big

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and he's been talking about the need for a 60" ever since....
must have made an impression on him... ("never late for dinner again cuz of no stinkin' shorty jack...")!
:D

fwiw, I rotated the top part on my 60 180deg and with nothing else removed it fits just fine in the footwell of the second row. Since I removed the 2d row seats, I put in some hooks in the seat bolts, and these work perfectly to tie down the 60...

If you wrap a strap or piece of chain around the axle and frame BEFORE you start jackin the truck its a whole lot easier and safer to change a tire. Then the 48" jack is often enough....

nick

I have a 60". It was too long to store in my 40 but had to have it for the SOA. If you have a wagon, you have the room.

NorCalDoug said:
The downside to having the 60 is that my rig will not fit in some parking garages because the bar sticks up above the roofline when attached to my slee rear bumper.
QUOTE]

Doug
I'm surprised it took the 60" on a slee to do that. I'm running 2.5 OME with little spacing and the only Parking garage I can get into is the one at my gym, that is one of the reasons I joined the place. You guys have some pretty tall parking garages up North.

The other day I was in the 80 and had no choice, but to air down in order to get into a garage. No street parking and didn't want to be late.

Thank g-d for C02...the parking attendant liked the show.

Sam

No subsitute for a good bottle jack (or OEM Toyota one) when you are on uneven ground... Hi-Lifts are scary and used for last resort IMHO.

One thing to consider, use a ratchet strap (tow strap, whatever) and wrap it from the axle (nearest to the flat tire) and the frame above it. That way you only need to lift the vehicle enough to tighten the strap, and a couple of extra inches to get the wheel off the ground. Why fight your suspension with your rig 2' in the air :D

That or get an exhaust jack... :D

I stopped carrying a highlift and started carring a small 12ton bottle jack. much safer and much nicer to use than a highlift...plus everybody carries highlifts:) actualy once i come up with a decent spot for my 48incher its going in the 40 (i have one of each :flipoff2: )

Thanks For The Input Guys

A friend of mine just got a 60" so when i built my storage unit/tire carrier/hi-lift holder/co2 tank holder thingy, i was able to fit it in the front most area of the box with ease.

Here are some pics:

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

To see the whole box setup go to: http://www.yankeetoys.org/mangler/budgetstorage.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom