Builds "Heritage" creation build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, i am starting to suspect dnh1 just copies pics from the internet and post them here to look cool.......NO ONE can own two cool as hell LC in a matter of months! I am definitely gonna report him to the mods! :D

Well I sold the first one and now another member owns it.

BTW, I do like your latest LC best. Great color combo with the wheels and all.

BTW, I do like your latest LC best. Great color combo with the wheels and all.

Thank you. Got it all cleaned up today.
C1AC4410-7C27-4F41-B7F3-DCA7FF729C37.jpeg

1DA1FA17-69D7-4A8B-BD8E-1904A0BEFE52.jpeg

I love your car, I love my HE.

I love the 100s, I love the 80s.

I love the LX 570, the LX 470.

“Copying is the best form of flattery”

I just noticed...you took off running boards? No sliders? I see that you have mudflaps, but is that enough to protect your sides from pebbles flying off from your front tires?

I just noticed...you took off running boards? No sliders? I see that you have mudflaps, but is that enough to protect your sides from pebbles flying off from your front tires?

IDK. I didn’t have running boards or sliders on my 16 for the last few years I owned it and no issues.

I didn’t buy the heritage for two reasons, lack of third row and a personal must have feature...the cooler box console. Not sure why anyone would get bent out of shape you’re making the LC look like a heritage. Who gives two poos what you do with your ride or how much or less you paid for it.

Last edited:
Unless I missed it somewhere, where did you source the Heritage emblems from? I have spoken with 5 different dealers and they have all told me that the emblems are a restricted item and can only be sold to a verified Heritage owner. Heck, one even had 2 in his hand and told me 'here they are, but I can't sell them to you'. Are they true Heritage emblems or modified FJ40 OEM emblems?

Unless I missed it somewhere, where did you source the Heritage emblems from? I have spoken with 5 different dealers and they have all told me that the emblems are a restricted item and can only be sold to a verified Heritage owner. Heck, one even had 2 in his hand and told me 'here they are, but I can't sell them to you'. Are they true Heritage emblems or modified FJ40 OEM emblems?

They are modified FJ40 OEM. If anyone does this, I would recommend they heat or do something to the emblems and bend them so they fit the curve of the 200’s D pillar. Mine aren’t quite stuck on on the very edges.

Last edited:
Assuming you used 3M trim tape to mount.

@Eric Sarjeant did it. To anyone buying these, I think it’s important to bend the emblem to fit the curve of the D pillar. The edges of mine don’t quit stay stuck on. In other words, the FJ 40 hood was not curved, but the 200 pillar is curved.

Just picked up a 19 LC after trading my 14 LC with all the mods you could imagine (king 2.5 with Res and 35 inch wheels and More things I have the time to write about). I was between the HE and the regular LC. As much as I’d love the have a limited LC I couldn’t imagine getting the LC without the cooler box and rear entertainment. I’ll take the third row out at some point for extra cargo capacity and probably just get the HE carpet kit. I called around my local so cal dealer and there is no info on the model number for the cargo carpet for the rear but I’ll call that Indianapolis dealer as it seems he knows what’s up. Going from a lifted truck with 35’s to a stock LC is a real breath of fresh air. Unbelievable how smooth a refined they are out of the box. Expedition overland had a great podcast recently about running a stock configuration that really changed my philosophy on building a truck. Anyways, your truck is awesome, don’t know what the hate was about from that one guy.

Honestly, i know people like to build trucks but i have not found a single addition, other than AT tires and a 40gal second fuel tank, that i ever needed to drive anywhere in North, central, or South America. Sure, if you are looking to wheel on the weekend then you may need the winch, lift, lockers, and 35s. But for over landing, none of that is needed. You just need a dead reliable truck with enough payload to carry your gear. A stock 100 or 200 will do that all day every day.

Just picked up a 19 LC after trading my 14 LC with all the mods you could imagine (king 2.5 with Res and 35 inch wheels and More things I have the time to write about). I was between the HE and the regular LC. As much as I’d love the have a limited LC I couldn’t imagine getting the LC without the cooler box and rear entertainment. I’ll take the third row out at some point for extra cargo capacity and probably just get the HE carpet kit. I called around my local so cal dealer and there is no info on the model number for the cargo carpet for the rear but I’ll call that Indianapolis dealer as it seems he knows what’s up. Going from a lifted truck with 35’s to a stock LC is a real breath of fresh air. Unbelievable how smooth a refined they are out of the box. Expedition overland had a great podcast recently about running a stock configuration that really changed my philosophy on building a truck. Anyways, your truck is awesome, don’t know what the hate was about from that one guy.
Do you happen to have a link to that podcast... I couldn't find it. Thanks!

Honestly, i know people like to build trucks but i have not found a single addition, other than AT tires and a 40gal second fuel tank, that i ever needed to drive anywhere in North, central, or South America. Sure, if you are looking to wheel on the weekend then you may need the winch, lift, lockers, and 35s. But for over landing, none of that is needed. You just need a dead reliable truck with enough payload to carry your gear. A stock 100 or 200 will do that all day every day.

Because they look cooler lifted with 35’s 😜

I did drive a brand new LC stock form and it did drive very comfortably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom