Here be my BJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy folks, I've been watching this forum from the shadows for a while now, but I guess I better introduce myself. This is Herp, a 1985 BJ73 from Poland. My four year old son named the vehicle. I live in Butte, MT and we have finally started to get some snow. Time and my lack of mechanical know-how keep me from driving Herp around too much, but it's a pretty cool vehicle.

IMG_8046.jpg

love it
I'm biased though......

IMG_20221019_133548[1].jpg

i wish i had the frp top and fold down windsheild

Very nice!

So you have the hood bumpers, do you have rear 1/2 doors? Can’t tell in the pictures, but I see you have full front doors.

Welcome to the white mid wheel base club!

Welcome to the crew.
I have a BJ73, even from the same year 1985, too. What engine do you have? Some more pics would be highly appreciated.
Any history on the vehicle? 1985 Poland was behind the iron curtain, so it must have lived elsewhere before.
Anyway. On any question, just come up.
Cheers Ralf

Very nice!

So you have the hood bumpers, do you have rear 1/2 doors? Can’t tell in the pictures, but I see you have full front doors.

Welcome to the white mid wheel base club!
I have full front and rear doors. The vehicle also came with some crashed barn doors from a Prado. I was able to saw off the top part of them and make them into half doors.

IMG_7384.jpg

Welcome to the crew.
I have a BJ73, even from the same year 1985, too. What engine do you have? Some more pics would be highly appreciated.
Any history on the vehicle? 1985 Poland was behind the iron curtain, so it must have lived elsewhere before.
Anyway. On any question, just come up.
Cheers Ralf
Thank you for the welcome.

It has a 3b in it. I found a receipt inside the dashboard, behind the radio from Besancon, France, so maybe it lived there before going to Poland. I bought if from a guy in Sandpoint, ID who had it imported earlier this year. It still had the polish plate on it when I got it.

IMG_7087.jpg

Welcome! I briefly had a 1985 BJ73 a few years ago, it was a fantastically fun rig. It would be great to meet up and run some trails sometime, I'm in Bozeman.

It has a 3b in it. I found a receipt inside the dashboard, behind the radio from Besancon, France, so maybe it lived there before going to Poland. I bought if from a guy in Sandpoint, ID who had it imported earlier this year. It still had the polish plate on it when I got it.
3B, so has mine.
From France to Poland makes sense. Enjoy your rig. The 3B is not a rocket-engine, but cruising is great fun. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom