Help with Price (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hoping someone could help me with pricing. I am considering a 1998 LC, 101K miles. Carfax is clean. Two Owner. Texas. Maintenance records, timing belt done. New ARB Bumper, Anzi Rims with KO's , 2.5 OME lift. Interior is clean, paint is clean. No rust.
Looks darn good.
Guy wants 25!! What is a fair offer on this rig when I go back?

E3975776-FF0C-4346-8F7B-266A9E8A225B.JPG

If he wants $25k then I doubt he will drop it to anywhere near what a decent asking price is....this person sounds delusional.

I hope somebody pays 25000 for it.
That is a nice looking rig...

Id go find another one to buy. guy wants full market price back for his mods

Screen-Shot-2015-09-13-at-16.38.47.png

He appears to be asking, full retail for the mods, full retail for the vehicle, then multiply by 2

Last edited:
I've been loosely tracking values in prep for selling my 100 this spring. That vehicle in excellent condition w/o the mods has a private party value in Dallas of maybe $6K-$7K?. Add in some value for the mods and I wonder if it would be worth $10K? If those mods are exactly what you want and the vehicle is exactly what you are after, it might be worth a bit more to you? But, overall, maybe half of what's he's asking? At the very least, ask him how he came up with that price, based on what the books are saying.

Too bad you're not closer to Cali. This one came up today.

IMG_9528.PNG

IMG_9529.PNG

IMG_9530.PNG

One owner with 138k miles. All services done at dealer up til 100k miles.

You would have $15k to spend and dial your truck any way you wanted.

You could do a plane trip, drive back, and still have thounsands to mod the truck.

Just to give you a perspective of what else is out there and the costs. Good luck.

Last edited:
25,000 is plain stupid.

Too bad you're not closer to Cali. This one came up today.

View attachment 1399994

View attachment 1399995

View attachment 1399996

One owner with 138k miles. All services done at dealer up til 100k miles.

You would have $15k to spend and dial your truck any way you wanted.

You could do a plane trip, drive back, and still have thounsands to mod the truck.

Just to give you a perspective of what else is out there and the costs. Good luck.

I texted and emailed this owner this morning when I woke up, no reply yet.

I hope you score.
No roofrack either
Good luck.

I've been loosely tracking values in prep for selling my 100 this spring. That vehicle in excellent condition w/o the mods has a private party value in Dallas of maybe $6K-$7K?. Add in some value for the mods and I wonder if it would be worth $10K? If those mods are exactly what you want and the vehicle is exactly what you are after, it might be worth a bit more to you? But, overall, maybe half of what's he's asking? At the very least, ask him how he came up with that price, based on what the books are saying.

It is definitely worth more than $6-$7k, without the mods. Texas truck, low miles of 100k, and great condition is easily $10k-$12k, they are very hard to find. With the mods, I certainly think $15-$17k is reasonable, with $25k being high. The simple fact is that there are no set prices on these. If he wants $25k, and someone is willing to pay it, then it is worth $25k. He likely expects negotiation.

It is definitely worth more than $6-$7k, without the mods. Texas truck, low miles of 100k, and great condition is easily $10k-$12k, they are very hard to find. With the mods, I certainly think $15-$17k is reasonable, with $25k being high. The simple fact is that there are no set prices on these. If he wants $25k, and someone is willing to pay it, then it is worth $25k. He likely expects negotiation.

I appreciate that info. I was just going by the average of the major price guides (for non-modded trucks) in a private party sale in that area and if you're right, then the guides are reading almost 100% too low! And, adding $5K for the mods is amazing too! Demand must be really high!

I appreciate that info. I was just going by the average of the major price guides (for non-modded trucks) in a private party sale in that area and if you're right, then the guides are reading almost 100% too low! And, adding $5K for the mods is amazing too! Demand must be really high!

Do not follow price guides, they are nowhere near the actual value of Cruisers. From what I have seen, a clean, rust free state, low mileage and solid PM Cruiser does typically go for nearly 200% of the book price....and they are well worth it!

'98 with 101k, 2 owner Texas vehicle and no rust. Without the mods, I would say $10k is reasonable for that rig. Mods never hold there true value, so the bumper, lift, tires/wheels, and roof rack may be worth $3k-4k total now. I think $13,500 would be reasonable. However, as others have said, the vehicle is worth what someone is willing to pay. $25K can get you a '06-'07 LC with sub 100k miles. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom