HELP with my new FJ25. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I came across a 1958 FJ25 two weeks ago I decided to buy the car. I have been been searching a lot to on the internet to know more about the car and the looks of it, until I came across this forum.
The previous owner has added some things on the car which makes the car look like newer versions of FJs such as two side mirrors, and the front lights. Some parts such as the chairs are replaced with the wrong color.
Now I want to work on the chairs and the roof of the car, but I'm confused with different colors of interiors and exteriors online. I believe the interior should be brown and the roof should be either green or the same as the picture. I want to change the cars look back to its original 1958 look.
I have posted the cars pictures and some spare parts the previous owner gave me when I bought the car. I would appreciate it for the members here if they take some time and guide me on what has to be changed to make the car look more like the 1958.
and any other comments are welcome.

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-03 at 1.53.19 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-23 at 4.46.02 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-03 at 1.53.20 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-03 at 1.53.21 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-03 at 1.53.20 PM.jpeg

Yes based on pictures, you are missing quite a few bits on it. But still looking nice.

To begin with for 1958 front bonnet emblem should have ovel “Toyota” emblem. Please post a closeup of chassis cross member under the front bib. Also a picture of vin number stamped on chassis.

Headlight bazels looks a bit thinner could be replacements (close up picture will help). All 5 wheels are not FJ25. Wrong steering wheel, heater, missing windshield vent mechanism and have been sealed with some steel plates. Windshield rear View mirror is wrong. Dash switches are not correct Fuel tank cap is not original. Rear taillights are wrong. Side aprons are from later years.

2 side mirrors are not what we have seen on most FJ25 but that could be market specific. I had holes for mirrors on both side on mine, also got those exact same mirror arms came in parts boxes. We are unsure if these mirror arms dates back that early, please take some close up pictures of mirror arms and bottom brackets where these are bolted to the body. Correct or not “DO NOT GIVE AWAY” or sell those mirror arms they are extremely rare.

Inside the engine bay, both brake and clutch masters are not correct, battery should have been mounted under the driver seat (on chassis). Thermostat housing is not correct.

Please post some more pictures of its interior, such as seats floor, soft open bows doors etc and post here. Both soft top and doors are not stock FJ25.

Myself and other members may be able to help you with some of the missing parts. Post a wanted thread.

Last edited:
Yes based on pictures, you are missing quite a few bits on it. But still looking nice.

To begin with for 1958 front bonnet emblem should have ovel “Toyota” emblem. Please post a closeup of chassis cross member under the front bib. Also a picture of vin number stamped on chassis.

Headlight bazels looks a bit thinner could be replacements (close up picture will help). All 5 wheels are not FJ25. Wrong steering wheel, heater, missing windshield vent mechanism and have been sealed with some steel plates. Windshield rear View mirror is wrong. Dash switches are not correct Fuel tank cap is not original. Rear taillights are wrong. Side aprons are from later years.

2 side mirrors are not what we have seen on most FJ25 but that could be market specific. I had holes for mirrors on both side on mine, also got those exact same mirror arms came in parts boxes. We are unsure if these mirror arms dates back that early, please take some close up pictures of mirror arms and bottom brackets where these are bolted to the body. Correct or not “DO NOT GIVE AWAY” or sell those mirror arms they are extremely rare.

Inside the engine bay, both brake and clutch masters are not correct, battery should have been mounted under the driver seat (on chassis). Thermostat housing is not correct.

Please post some more pictures of its interior, such as seats floor, soft open bows doors etc and post here. Both soft top and doors are not stock FJ25.

Myself and other members may be able to help you with some of the missing parts. Post a wanted thread.

Thank you for taking time and answering, soon I will post more pictures of the car.
Meanwhile, I have a source where I can get spare parts for old Toyota Land Cruisers, I will update you guys on that too.

Looks beautiful from here.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom