Help with LX Key cutting!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK... other than the dealer (since they won't cut a key you did not get from them directly...atleast not around me) can one send a key to get cut....some yahoo here wants $85 JUST TO CUT MY F'in LX KEY!! so, you can see the frustration... I'm willing to mail my key out... anyone? I also need to get 2 done for the RX as well...

I went to a regular locksmith and they did it for $40.

Get out your yellow pages and call. If they tell you your LX has the chip in the key, they are wrong.

been doin' that...

unfortunately, there is no one so far that can cut these keys... due to being told the machine cost about 40K that cuts this style... I've exhausted my local search I believe... not even the locksmiths have been able to even reccomend someone...

unfortunately, there is no one so far that can cut these keys... due to being told the machine cost about 40K that cuts this style... I've exhausted my local search I believe... not even the locksmiths have been able to even reccomend someone...

How is the LX key any different than then rest double sided Japaneses keys?

Does yours have the built in alarm on the top portion of the key?

How is the LX key any different than then rest double sided Japaneses keys?

Does yours have the built in alarm on the top portion of the key?

The 80 wouldn't but the RX would. A buddy of mine has a RX and he 'washed' his key with his jeans (literally :doh: )

Bought a key/fob off eBay and he took it to a Lexus dealer and they swapped out the 'guts' of the fob of the eBay key with his washed key, programmed the fob for him, and he was back in business. Dealer did this for free :D

As for the LX key...Sounds like you have some pretty prissy Lexus dealerships in your area...Maybe you should drop a line to Lexus corp as that sound pretty ridiculours that they won't cut a key that you don't buy from them. I'm sure they're just POd you didn't pay them one arm and one leg for the key in the first place ;p

I just bought a 97 LX450 and it had just one beat up key with it. Took the registration and my ID to Lexus and had 2 keys cut up for $50 each. Had called a locksmith in the area and he wanted $65 and it didn't even have the logo on it.:confused:

I am a retire locksmith. The key machine is a few grand. It is basically a tracing milling machine. Mercedes and BMW have been using these style keys for years. I thinkk $25- $35 U.S.D. should be about market price. There are a lot more vehicles using these now. I live in a city of only about 200,00 and we have two locksmiths that cut them.

I'll really piss ya' off. I went in right before Christmas cause I locked my key in the truck. They were worried cause all they had was the cheap non-emblemed key for $50.00. When they were done cutting it from the VIN, they handed it to me and said "Merry Christmas, no charge". I was very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom