Help with ARB Compressor switch wiring (under hood install) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched a number of different ways and have yet to find an answer to this, so I'm posting here in hopes that one might be able to offer some guidance.

I've mounted an ARB dual compressor in the engine bay of my 100 series using the Owl Expedition mount. I understand the battery mains connections and won't be installing air lockers for a while so those connectors are taped and tucked away. I'd like to mount the switch near the compressor, so I'm looking for suitable fuses or wires to tap in the engine bay to power and illuminate the switch (the thin red/orange and blue white wires).

For those of you who have a similar install, what did you tap for switch power and is there anything else I ought to consider?
I'd appreciate any help. Thank you!

Isnt that all intergrated into the ARB loom except for illumination when the headlamps are on? Probably not a concern for under bonnet use.
Thanks for your message. Yes, it's all a part of the loom, but I need to source power to activate/power the switch with the red/orange wire and illuminate it with the blue/white wire. I've found examples of how to do that when running the switch into the cabin, but nothing on powering it from a source in the engine bay.

Well, if you don't have AHC, there is still an AHC wiring/plug (switched) in that corner of the engine compartment. Add the AHC fuse and use a voltmeter to check the wiring. Always helpful to state your year, make and features in your signature line.

Thanks for your message. Yes, it's all a part of the loom, but I need to source power to activate/power the switch with the red/orange wire and illuminate it with the blue/white wire. I've found examples of how to do that when running the switch into the cabin, but nothing on powering it from a source in the engine bay.
If the switch is going to live in the engine bay I wouldn’t worry about the illumination wire as the compressor will still run, unless you really need it lit up when your headlights are on. For the ignition wire you can tap into one of the fuses in the engine fuse box but..the fuse box has a gasket seal around it so the wire would be in between the fuse box seal. You can drill a hole in the fuse box, add a rubber grommet, and silicone as another option.

Since it’s only the ignition wire I would just take the time to run it into the cab and tap into one of the fuses in the kick panel like the cig fuse.

Well, if you don't have AHC, there is still an AHC wiring/plug (switched) in that corner of the engine compartment. Add the AHC fuse and use a voltmeter to check the wiring. Always helpful to state your year, make and features in your signature line.
Thank you. It's an 06 with AHC. I'll update my signature line. Much appreciated.

If the switch is going to live in the engine bay I wouldn’t worry about the illumination wire as the compressor will still run, unless you really need it lit up when your headlights are on. For the ignition wire you can tap into one of the fuses in the engine fuse box but..the fuse box has a gasket seal around it so the wire would be in between the fuse box seal. You can drill a hole in the fuse box, add a rubber grommet, and silicone as another option.

Since it’s only the ignition wire I would just take the time to run it into the cab and tap into one of the fuses in the kick panel like the cig fuse.
Thank you. Good point — I'm not concerned about illumination of the switch under the hood. I appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom