Help with a bit of interior work...1994 Series 80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We have what I think is a well cared for 1994 Series 80. It has 225k miles of which 98% are highway and 2% were tough gravel roads in West Virginia. Chains, not rock crawling. It gets a thorough detailing 2x yearly.

The owner my father replaced the front seat bottom 10 years ago with a vinyl cover from perhaps LSeat. He was never entirely happy and now he wants something better. The Pax seat is pretty tired as well. The 2nd and 3rd row are almost unused.

So, I am looking...and I have been reading

- I called Toyota up and they said that originals were still order able but the could not guarantee a delivery time frame and I might get my order "rejected." I am a little fearful of them having most not everything .....

- A local installer recommended Katzkin and quoted about $1800 which is fine, might be 2/3rd's the Toyota price.

- The last group is Land Cruiser Heaven and they are not too far from me.

Am I missing quality options? The car is important to him. Do I replace the foam behind the covers at the same time? Seems Toyota original is available.

The owner is 89 and uses it a few miles a week on projects around a retirement community. I take it out for meaningful exercise every couple of weeks.

Suggestions?

IMG_1775.JPG
IMG_1285.jpeg

Anything you can see/touch/try out before you buy is best imo.

Okay, I am hoping Land Cruiser Heaven calls back as they are within easy reach and seem like a good relationship to have. Otherwise I am following LandLocked93's suggestion and getting samples from Katzkin and Roadwire.

I have read some uncomfortable reports of rust under the port installed roof rack. I guess I need to look into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom