Help wanted: 285/75/16 tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I sold my 80 to a gentleman in Alabama who is flying out to drive it home on the 20th. I have expressed to him (prior to his purchase) that two of the tires are in poor shape and I wouldn't trust driving from KC to Southern Alabama due to the side walls separating. He is going to replace the tires when he gets home but I wanted to see if anyone in the club has two old 285/75/16's laying around that he could buy or that you want to get rid of and I could have installed for him to get home safely?

So, I sold my 80 to a gentleman in Alabama who is flying out to drive it home on the 20th. I have expressed to him (prior to his purchase) that two of the tires are in poor shape and I wouldn't trust driving from KC to Southern Alabama due to the side walls separating. He is going to replace the tires when he gets home but I wanted to see if anyone in the club has two old 285/75/16's laying around that he could buy or that you want to get rid of and I could have installed for him to get home safely?
I have one for sure that he can have. It's very low on tread and noisy, but it holds air and doesn't have any sidewall cracks. (Duratrac)

I may have a second one by the 20th, I just need to take the time to get it swapped onto my truck so the other worn out one is available.

I’ve also got a tire that size but it’s been sitting outside the last 3-4 years and has had water in it. Dunno if water breaks down the inside of a tire but you’re welcome to it. Probably better if it goes in the recycle, if I’m honest.
It’s a Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom