Help RE sender connections on left side of 1hz from 80 series... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can anyone explain these sensor connections on the left side of this 1z out of an 80 series? this is going in a 60 so planning how to wire for stock oil pressure and temp guages.

the oil pressure sender pictured below and to the right of oil filter has two connections to it - why? use center one with 60 stock gauge?

what's going on with the sensor(s) up above in the fifth runner of the intake? there appear to be two vacuum lines running to/from this so thinking there's a temp controlled VSV there, but also a electrical wire to it, plus a connection from this harness section to a sender of some kind in the block behind there too. What's are all these for?

finally, what's the sensor with two wires to it below and to the left of the oil filter?

Expect I don't need much/any of this - just looking for best place to connect stock 60 temp and oil pressure gauges... appreciate your help thanks!

20210817_135326.jpg

20210817_135340.jpg

20210817_135408.jpg

20210817_142542.jpg

anyone?

you have some issues to attend to here !

u need a new oil pressure sending unit

your oil sender ground tab leed and button connector leed are severed and need repaired NOW !

You should be able to swap out that sender for a 60 version - center post is the sensor lead, spade tab is a additional ground. the later engines actually use the additional ground as seen on your 1HZ but in the FJ60's they just ground thru the threads/block

swapping temp and oil pressure senders from old 2F to 1hz is the plan - thanks for confirming the grounding tab use...

still curious what the uses were for the various other connections...

The one in the intake manifold with 3 wires is a resistor for the glow system

I believe the green one is also for the glow timing but I don't remember exactly what it's called

The little white square one looks like the water temp sensor

The one in the intake manifold with 3 wires is a resistor for the glow system

I believe the green one is also for the glow timing but I don't remember exactly what it's called

The little white square one looks like the water temp sensor

any idea how the resistor works or what it does for glow system?

was wondering if the green one had to do with low oil shutdown or something since it screws into the oil cooler... could be for glow as well, just sensing temp of oil vs temp of intake air...

I agree the one with the small white plug on it is probably just the coolant temp sensor...

anyone else confirm or refute?

Function.. I'm pretty sure the resistor is determining high/low voltage to the plugs. Someone else should confirm this and elaborate on the green plug. I don't think these engines have low oil pressure shutdown like some of the older ones and I recall, when I deleted my factory glow system, that both of these are for the glow automation.

Confirming water temp though, I have the exact same sensor and I'm positive it's water temp because I wired it up myself.

thanks dcruiser - appreciate your posts... when you deleted did you remove the resistor assembly from the intake or need to leave something in place to plug that hole? Can't tell from looking but looks like that passage might be open to intake on inside?

No problem. It's not an thru hole, it can be removed without putting something in it's place. I put an old diff drain plug in it just to keep crud from building up in the cavity.

Function.. I'm pretty sure the resistor is determining high/low voltage to the plugs. Someone else should confirm this and elaborate on the green plug. I don't think these engines have low oil pressure shutdown like some of the older ones and I recall, when I deleted my factory glow system, that both of these are for the glow automation.

Confirming water temp though, I have the exact same sensor and I'm positive it's water temp because I wired it up myself.

Yes, the resistor is part of the super glow system. If you did not get the glow controller box with the engine or the glow plug relays, the glow system won't work anyway. It's much easier to install a "wilson switch" to manually control the glow plug system. You will also need different glow plugs with a manual system vs. the super glow. There is a lot of information on here explaining how to set up a wilson switch. If you have trouble finding it through search shoot me a PM and I can dig up were I found it when I did mine.

can anyone explain these sensor connections on the left side of this 1z out of an 80 series? this is going in a 60 so planning how to wire for stock oil pressure and temp guages.

the oil pressure sender pictured below and to the right of oil filter has two connections to it - why? use center one with 60 stock gauge?

what's going on with the sensor(s) up above in the fifth runner of the intake? there appear to be two vacuum lines running to/from this so thinking there's a temp controlled VSV there, but also a electrical wire to it, plus a connection from this harness section to a sender of some kind in the block behind there too. What's are all these for?

finally, what's the sensor with two wires to it below and to the left of the oil filter?

Expect I don't need much/any of this - just looking for best place to connect stock 60 temp and oil pressure gauges... appreciate your help thanks!

View attachment 2761817

View attachment 2761818

View attachment 2761819

View attachment 2761825

I offer a Compplete ALL inclusive Repair Kit , Over engineered and Heavy DUTY , All Made in japan YAZAKI OEM parts

i personally Hand Make each Kit in house .......

Please see the link BeLow .

ALL First Time MUD Members Customers get a 10% off Coupon Code , PM me for further Details ........

Thanks

1629560811973.png

1629560832897.png

1629560861107.png

1629560889764.png

1629560921170.png

1629560971135.png

for anyone playing along at home, I pulled the "resistor" discussed above and to me it appears to be a secondary glow plug... what I thought were two vacuum lines to it are actually very heavy gauge wires (plus another normal/small through the blak plug). When described as a resistor is that just different terminology for something designed to give off heat when current is flowed through it? Or is this instead an inline temperature sensitive device that adjusts current flowing to the other glow plugs?

Final question - any good reason why would it be located in the #5 intake runner vs any other 1-6??

Anyone have any insights?

20210823_153403.jpg

20210823_153414.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom