Help me with this dizzy/setting timing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. I’m getting a 78’ FJ55 back to stockish setup. Removed the Weber carb and went with a city racer Fuji aftermarket carb. I’m planning on adjusting valves, installing air cleaner and tuning carb this weekend.

I’d also like to check the timing. Should I just treat this dizzy like an OEM dizzy in terms of adjusting timing? Loosen clamp and turn clockwise/counter clockwise? My knowledge of dizzy’s is VERY limited. I honestly don’t even know what’s special about this crazy huge red octopus.
D4A29444-6408-476D-B1BA-E732DA8B2E6B.jpeg

I’d also like to check the timing. Should I just treat this dizzy like an OEM dizzy in terms of adjusting timing? Loosen clamp and turn clockwise/counter clockwise? My knowledge of dizzy’s is VERY limited. I honestly don’t even know what’s special about this crazy huge red octopus.

Yes, it works basically the same. It's an electronic (no points) vacuum-advance distributor with an integral coil. Start with setting the timing to factory specs (7 degrees BTDC) as per the bb timing mark on the flywheel and the factory service manual, but you may be able to advance it a bit more for optimal performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom