Help me decide which fridge please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've found a very lightly used edgestar locally for $200 and an engel mt35f used a little more it seems for $300...

The engel says it will hold 54 beers but it looks small in most of the photos I see. I'll use it mostly for single day trips to the beach and grocery trips with a CFO and two kids.

I know this should be a no brainer but I'd like to get some input, the guy with the engel says he has 50 in stock at that price btw.

Dont know about Edgestars but Engles are very robust.

Perhaps organize a group buy to get the price of the Engle a bit lower.

rolliges said:
Dont know about Edgestars but Engles are very robust.

Perhaps organize a group buy to get the price of the Engle a bit lower.

Agree with this! Go with the trusted name that has been around for a long long time.

Btw where is this located? $300 is a good price

I thought $300 was a good deal too, msrp is like $950.

He's in the Tampa area, I left him a message to see how used they really were.

My question is if the 35 is big enough.

I have the 50, and it is good for my daughter and myself for about a weeks worth of food. .02

I thought $300 was a good deal too, msrp is like $950.

He's in the Tampa area, I left him a message to see how used they really were.

My question is if the 35 is big enough.

I just picked up the same Engel on CL for 400 and was tickled at that price...this one looks new though, its a 2010 model that was gently used. Great size IMO...you can stuff 3-4 days worth of grub in there easily...unless you're like me and beer takes precedence :beer:

That's a decent price for an Engel and it's got a great rep for good reason. Depends on how used, used is.;)

On the other hand, that's a fair price on the Edgestar. If it's been used for awhile, then it's good in most cases. We've had no problem with ours in 2 years. It always rides in the truck, just rarely turned on, so getting rattled all the time, takes a licking, keeps on ticking. And it's definitely bigger than the Engel, which can be a factor.

He's got em on eBay too with $60 shipping. I called him Friday and left a msg but still haven't heard back, I'll try him again tomorrow.

Talked to the guy today, he said he buys warehouses like the show 'storage wars'. Apparently in the back of his most recent purchase was 70 engel mt35f ranging from destroyed to new condition.

He said a few on eBay sold to guys in California and the shipping from tampa was over $100 and he was charging only $60 so he lost out on that deal.

He said the price would go down even further if we put a group buy together, so who's interested?

Regardless I'll be getting one for testing purposes.

Interested if he can come down on price... Used by an unknown and all....

If he stills has some in a couple weeks Im interested in one. Bad timing right now.

I am in

Meant to say, I'll play. Less than $300, with $60 shipping! Steal!

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Nickswan, Any news on this? I'm in sarasota, about 1 1/2 hours from him and would like to go check this deal out. I'm not seeing anything on craigslist, though. Did he ever call you back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom