Help ID this header (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Part of the parts stash that came with my 40. Pulled it out last night out of curiosity. A quick google search and it looks a bit like Mark's version (once you look past the caked on dirt). Suggestions on how to clean it up? I guess a pressure washer to start. Obviously the part below the collector is toast. Getting those bolts off should be fun.

Is this one of Mark's?

IMG_1723[1].JPG
IMG_1724[1].JPG

yeppers

Good Header

Nice! Thanks guys. Now to research pros and cons

If a pressure washer doesn't do the trick you could media blast it. Maybe soda to start so you don't jack up the finish on the pipes if that doesn't you could try plastic beads. I wouldn't use sand or glass.. I would just cut the bolts off with a die grinder.

You will find way more pros than cons...

Come to think of it.. The only real con is the fact that you need to custom a pipe to connect to muffler as there is no bolt on mid pipe

Other than that it's an extreamly well built header ... Just compare one to a jto or maf 6to1 header

The best part IMHO is the mounting surface

Hmmm, makes me wonder why the PO took it off. Wouldn't mind a new exhaust anyway so sounds like a win-win.

That´s nice looking header!
Wirewheel to anglegrinder is good for cleaning metal parts of rust and old paint, might be worth a try?

From the high heat silicon, I'd say he pulled it due to leaks at head.

I ditched my 6 into 2 due to rotted pipes... Properly installed, those shouldn't leak.

Hmmm, so maybe it needs to be resurfaced (is that the right term?)?

Meh...it's a piece of junk. I'll take it off your hands for a small sum. :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom