Help! Dash gauges, climate, radio, seat, rear lights don't work and won't come out of park. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2006 LC. It died recently with all the warning lights lit up and would not come out of gear and would not start. Changed alternator and battery. It now starts fine but warning lights still on and won't come out of park. Plus all the dash gauges don't work and the radio, climate, seats, etc.. also don't work. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Had the same problem. Mine was the main "fuse block"? I think that's what they called it. It's the box that attaches to the positive terminal of the battery.

Had the same problem. Mine was the main "fuse block"? I think that's what they called it. It's the box that attaches to the positive terminal of the battery.

What was the repair? replace the fuse block? Thank you!

Yes sir. If you know you don't have a short you can bridge the fuse. I used a washer with a screw. I only did this cause I knew what blew it and it wasn't a short (mechanic caused short)

I bet someone didn't disconnect the battery when working on the alternator. The Alt fuse is inline with JB2 fuse and these power your shift lock.

I bet someone didn't disconnect the battery when working on the alternator. The Alt fuse is inline with JB2 fuse and these power your shift lock.
I disconnected both terminals before starting the alternator replacement. The problem was present before I started, i.e. shift already locked, no gauges, etc..

I will check the fuses tonight and report back. Thank you!

What is the "jb2" fuse?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0315.PNG
Sorry they are fusible links

I am pretty sure that is what mine looks like. Is that the part I should replace?

Mine is an 03, so should be same as your 2006. That is the exact part I used on mine (the one Julian listed). It should be obvious if you take the back off of the fuse if you need to replace or troubleshoot further.

You guys were correct, it was the fusible link. Thank you! You saved me a lot of trouble, I'm sure. I spoke to service techs at two Toyota dealers and they had no thoughts on what it may be. They had never heard of this before. One other question, I was able to remove all connectors to the fusible link, except the nut that attaches to the bolt post next to the positive terminal connector. Is there a trick to doing this?

Seems to be. Problem is that I cannot get a good enough grip on the metal extension it arises out of to get any torque to turn it. Otherwise it does not appear corroded or rusted. I don't want to destroy the metal extension because I think I will need it for the new fusible link block. I pick that up this afternoon. I will try to speak to a Toyota tech for further recommendation at that time. Thank you again.

I was able to remove the nut using vice grips and ratchet. Replaced the fusible link and all is now right with the world. Again, thank you both. I am fairly certain that, had I brought this to a dealer or an independent, I would be out much more than the $56 spent on the fusible link block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom