help, air bag woes....

Discussion in '120-Series Toyotas' started by NHFJ, Jan 10, 2019.

1. NHFJ

NHFJ

hey all , crossover from a 40 guy. got an 03 4 runner v8 limited, apparently my load sensors in the rear are broken , the braketts have snapped. idk, but I bpounce down the road , air bags are not compromised at all , just don't inflate because of the sensors, I just put bilteins on 4 months ago, I think the coil kit for the gx470 will work but im told I need the to change shocks also , fronts included. 1000$ for the kit.any help for you gurus would be forever appreciated. im a simple fj40 man , carburetor, spring over guy.oh I do have a pertronics ignition. thanks again , nhfj ron

2. GXMac

GXMac

Media:
    Albums:
    There are many of us who have converted from air to springs; if no one chimes in that has removed them already I will gladly take off my height sensors and send them to you; but I won't have a chance to do so until Sunday probably.

3. NHFJ

NHFJ

hey gxmac , thanks man ill sent you some fresh snow from nh… or flip you a few bucks , not sure about this stuff at all.. nhfj .

4. GXMac

GXMac

Media:
    Albums:
    Just making sure, but you are talking about these, right?

5. NHFJ

NHFJ

yes , mechanic said the brakets were broken he couldn't find any. maybe time for a new mechanic. if you've got em ill buy from you or on line . let me know ,thanks man

6. Vlad

Vlad The Impaler SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    You can leave the front alone and do the same height rear spring conversion for WAY less than $1000.

7. NHFJ

NHFJ

yeah been looking into that, worried that I may have punctured a bag but need to air it up first , saw someome had a kit for springs , bucket and a spacer for 300, not bistien , cant find it now , no new shocks needed. have to call around... thanks vlad.

8. NHFJ

NHFJ

he all ,thanks for the replies , got a set of springs on the way , cant wait to roll down the road , not bounce ,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.