Helmet Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
Need to start riding my bike for health reasons. Will just be riding around the park/bikeway/neighborhood to get back into it before I buy a good Mtn Bike.

What's a good safe helmet with good ventilation for a hot and sunny Los Angeles valley?

Thanks

(all the other threads on this are way old).

I ride mostly MTB all mountain/trail. My primary helmet is a smith forefront 2 (previously a bell supermoto). Neither of these are what I would consider well vented. A few years ago I picked up a Giro Hex and really like it for warm days and long XC/backcountry tours.

Thank you!

I would recommend going to your local bike stores and finding something that is comfortable. The style helmet you need right now might be different from when you will be mountain biking. Depending how much automobile traffic you might encounter, you might want something that provides more coverage than you can get from a ventilated helmut. Enjoy your rides!

may want to check Consumer Reports. I'd be most concerned about impact resistance. Need tests for that.

I bought the Giro fixture MIPS helmet for now... I may need something more specialized in the future when I know better my riding habits. I haven't been on a bike in 25 years. Wish me luck. Gotta lose 30 lbs.

1652893093254.png

I bought the Giro fixture MIPS helmet for now... I may need something more specialized in the future when I know better my riding habits. I haven't been on a bike in 25 years. Wish me luck. Gotta lose 30 lbs.

View attachment 3011923
I have the same helmet in grey, I really like it. Good ventilation, but then I am a month away from my 82 year on this blue spaceship and speed is in my past. But we do get into the middle 90F here and I like to be reasonably cool.

I wore it today for the first time and first time on a bike in 20+ years ... Was very comfortable helmet, but I gotta say, it's not true what they say about it's just like remembering how to ride ... FFS, I used to do Bike MX 40 years ago!

I run a POC Tectal on my large noggin (XL). Great fit and high quality. Looks great, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom