Hello! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all! I don't believe I ever properly introduced myself on here, but have lurked the site for a little while. I was advised to check the site out, at the recommendation of some local owners that kindly introduced themselves in a grocery lot. I used to own a silver 85 manual fj60. I bought a 97 lx450 a few years ago and sold the fj60 shortly after. I drove the lx daily for work up until a few weeks ago. When I was about 5, I vividly recall going with my dad to pick up a brand new leftover 1997 40th anniversary LC, at the local Toyota dealer. I've had a soft spot for all land cruisers since. I saw a handful of fj80s when visiting Sardinia a few years ago, and it reinvigorated my desire to own one! I attached a picture from shortly after purchase, and another from when I chose to drive out to Dallas for work last year due to Covid. Thank you all for the kind help so far, and I hope at some point can return the favor.

20191006_101915.jpg

20210122_012228.jpg

Very nice.
So why aren't you DDing the old girl now... You didn't wreck it did you?:eek:

Welcome!

Welcome to the most wonderful place on the World Wide Web. I think…….

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Ha she is fortunately not wrecked, but rather put on weekend duty! She was maintained at the lexus dealer up until my purchase and has now had all new complete brakes, suspension, exhaust, ignition, radiator, stereo system, and much else replaced under my ownership. I've been driving more for work due to covid and picked up a used A8L recently as a result. Now it's time to have some more casual fun with the LX hopefully! I've bought a little stash of oem interior and trim pieces needed to clean her up, and hopefully can finally get around to it. Im trying not to go down the extensive (and expensive) overland hole, but seeing some of these threads just shows how awesome this rigs can be with the blood, sweat, and $$ you all put into them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom