Hello from Chico, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, Thanks for allowing me in the forum. I am a new proud owner of an '93 Isuzu 4bd 2t diesel swap into a 1964 ford f250. The truck is in very good shape, the previous owner straightened to body and swapped the engine himself. Everything runs pretty well. A couple of issues I hope to resolve are as follows.
1. odometer and speedometer not connected. I have read about others who had this issue putting in the diesel swap. Is there a workaround for this? I am very curious what kind of gas mileage I am getting.
2. I am getting a little bit of a lurch or hiccup in the middle of the rpms range. It feels like a fuel injection issue, but peculiar how it happens around the same rpms in all gears. I am going to start by changing the fuel filter first. Then make sure there is no leak in the fuel system. The previous owner also was not sure what the lurch was about but he thinks it has to do with the diesel injection pump.
3. I am going to change the oil with my sons, teach them how to do simple maintenance on cars, and I am wondering what oil everyone is using in the 4bd 2tc NPR engines.

I am looking forward to reading more here wrt diesel swaps. I love how many have painted the blocks. At some point I think I will do a rebuild of the motor and paint this engine as well. Thanks all, Matt

Hello. Sorry I can't help you with your truck. So this is a landcruiser specific site so you won't get a lot of support about fords. Some guys on here have experience with the Isuzu engines but their is a better site for you which has tons of info on the engine your running. Probably can find guys that have the exact same swap as you do.

Isuzu 4BD1T/2T

1. I have not run one myself but have seen gps run speedometer/odometer gauges.
2. It does sound like an injection pump related issue but ive never experienced that.
3. Regular 15-40 Rotella is what I use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom