Hello all (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a new Cruiser owner and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jason and I live in Montco. I just picked up a 97 FZJ80 that has been sitting in someone's driveway for two years. It had a leaking windshield so sadly it has mold inside but it's an easy fix. I can't wait to get it up and running and on the trails. First step is remove the mold and replace the windshield then I need new lock cylinders because the previous owner lost the keys. Here are two pics of it being towed home and after her first bath.

IMG_20201001_151117602_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201001_172645_354.jpg

Looks good.

I love two-tone 80's!

Greg's gently loved 2-tone 80 ...
Resized_20200524_140655[1].jpeg

Greg's gently loved 2-tone 80 ...

My 80 has been wheeled (and flopped once) about 20 times a year since 2013.

It used to look like this!

IMG_0655.JPG

I'm a new Cruiser owner and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jason and I live in Montco. I just picked up a 97 FZJ80 that has been sitting in someone's driveway for two years. It had a leaking windshield so sadly it has mold inside but it's an easy fix. I can't wait to get it up and running and on the trails. First step is remove the mold and replace the windshield then I need new lock cylinders because the previous owner lost the keys. Here are two pics of it being towed home and after her first bath.

View attachment 2456370

View attachment 2456373

Have you driven it yet? What do you notice about it mechanically?

The Club goes wheeling (most) every month, all year long. I don't know about your experience but there are runs several times a year on just the green trails.

Have you driven it yet? What do you notice about it mechanically?

The Club goes wheeling (most) every month, all year long. I don't know about your experience but there are runs several times a year on just the green trails.

It was sitting in someone's driveway for two years with a leaking windshield. First step ozonize the interior and replace windshield. Then fully detail and get the girl running. I do the occasional trail rides in the Pinelands with my Subaru but have never been to AOAA or Reading for some real trails.

IMG_20200926_152719097_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200927_075358644.jpg

It looks like Jersey.

Welcome and nice rig. Where is the leak coming from. Sometimes a clogged sunroof drain would seem like a leaking windshield. Especially since it has been sitting for so long. Also you don't need to replace the lock cylinders. Once you title, register and insure it a Toyota dealer can get you a VIN cut key to avoid replacing the locks.

Good Luck with it.

Welcome and nice rig. Where is the leak coming from. Sometimes a clogged sunroof drain would seem like a leaking windshield. Especially since it has been sitting for so long. Also you don't need to replace the lock cylinders. Once you title, register and insure it a Toyota dealer can get you a VIN cut key to avoid replacing the locks.

Good Luck with it.

I'll look into it. It was leaking before it was off the road. It's cracked so either way I want a new one. The leak appears to be the top of the windshield. Luckily she found the ignition key. Thanks for the heads up about the vin cut key, I'll look into that.

Last edited:
Nice having you here! The 80 is addictive indeed. It’s like a disease, then they are so emotionally needy. I’m in my barn right now comforting mine.

Nice having you here! The 80 is addictive indeed. It’s like a disease, then they are so emotionally needy. I’m in my barn right now comforting mine.

My first trip to Rausch Creek not long after I got my 80 in 2012. I didn't even have my sliders yet. A comforting and thank you.

thankingmyYota.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom