Heidi, 1971 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GatorPlater

Professional Electroplating for Vintage Toyotas
SILVER Star
Threads
Well, have 3 going now at the same time as well as my real job and multi side hustles. Only need about 5 hours of sleep a night anyway, so might as well be doing something.
Picked up a Frame from Matt down in Orlando a couple of weeks ago, we pulled the old tub off which was a great time!
We were also going to pull the motor from his 40, but we didn't have a hoist and his forklift was acting up. Hopefully getting back down there to get that in the next couple of weeks.
Anyhow, took the frame from his shop, back up to jax and to the blasters. They had it for a couple of weeks, the short block in the pics has a hole in the side and unfortunately, the trans was cracked along the side and water got into it as well as the transfer case. I am pulling salvageable parts, so PM me if you need something you see.
Frame was a roller and has good front and rear diffs, most of the steering, etc.
I already have the Tub for it and have multi parts on the way.
Intro pics:
20210718_175457.jpg
20210718_175504.jpg
20210718_175509.jpg
20210718_175611.jpg
20210718_175608.jpg

Blasted and epoxy primed with black epoxy gloss chassis paint
IMG_6063.jpg
IMG_5916.jpg
20210818_112412.jpg
20210818_112945.jpg
20210818_112424.jpg

Forklift is fixed!
nice work deleting that knee smasher.
Remember, I need that tie-rod back! :)

All 3 of my milwaukee batteries are dead from all the grinding, sprayed metal prep on the inside rails and am charging up the Fuel Cells.
Frame number
20210819_132918.jpg

Here is trans and case. Already pulled shifter and part of transfer linkage. Front timing cover is there, vent for bellhousing, etc. I will be refurbish them and plating all the extra bolts I pull for classifieds.
20210819_132620.jpg

Tie rod? I know not of what you speak... lol
I am holding it hostage for the 1F :)

you need an F engine? I know of one up here that could use a home... PM me if interested

Quick work this morning before starting my regular work day, finished the right side horn.

20210820_091852.jpg

@S4Cruiser could you have imagined this chassis looking that nice?! :D

@S4Cruiser could you have imagined this chassis looking that nice?! :D
Wow…that chassis has been around for sure…I think Heidi is a bit of a slut!

@SlapSmak if you need a title for the frame, @Roxx might still have it (I didn’t get one as I planned to just use the back half for a trailer build.

Looks good, keep it up!

That is a long shot. I will look for it if need it. But i never changed it on my name.
Wow…that chassis has been around for sure…I think Heidi is a bit of a slut!

@SlapSmak if you need a title for the frame, @Roxx might still have it (I didn’t get one as I planned to just use the back half for a trailer build.

Looks good, keep it up!

Front done, going to get the old boat weight pulled out and usable parts stripped off next.
20210820_091906.jpg
20210823_085639.jpg
20210823_085647.jpg
20210823_130459.jpg
20210823_132731.jpg
20210823_132748.jpg

Already pulled shifter and part of transfer linkage. Front timing cover is there, vent for bellhousing, etc. I will be refurbish them and plating all the extra bolts I pull for classifieds.
You're going to be selling shifter parts? I would be interested (looking to get rid of my vac shift)

Dang, I should have pulled that front crossmember out for mine :doh:

Lol, didn't look like that when I got it, sweet now. The radiator support bracket rivets were popped and they were moved down about 10mm and welded in place. Going to be fun to grind the welds and repin/rivet them in place for an oem support.

Going to make a great base for the multi year project. My 16 YO son has staked claim, he keeps wanting to work on it after school, so that would be a win to get him off of social media.

New shoes show up tomorrow and Thursday for this project and the 73. This truck is getting a disk swap, 73 has a disk axle.in it already, so doing the rear chevy swap there.

It is crazy what a difference it makes working on the truck with the tub removed, such easy access to run all the new brake lines, work the diffs, shocks, springs, etc. Deciding on a hoist setup now, it will be like magic, levitation even.

@ryanwk628 yes selling parts i won't need off of frame and cratered motor. Some already have dibs on them. Haven't decided on the shifter, my 70 has it on the tree, might convert to floor, but still working a 4 speed deal. I will go through PMs before I post anything up and @cruisermatt gets a cut once costs are covered :) and his tie rod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom