Heater hose dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working my way through replacing heater hoses in my 96 and am trying to find the size (diameter and lengths) of the 90 degree molded heater hose that connects to the heater pipe coming through the firewall. Toyota only shows it as part of a $170 assembly. I just want the hose. It is the top center left in this image.

Thanks,

Rod

Does Rock Auto have a replacement for just the rubber?

That hose is a Ø17-mm x 100-mm. Although that section is listed as a unit, all the hoses there are the same size.

This one, 99556-30100 (87245D in the catalog) is the same size. This is the pair of hoses at the bent tube on the end of the heater control valve. They have different catalog numbers, but they're the same hose.

FWIW, here's the heater core end:

20180221_163034[1].jpg

That's Ø0.663, if you can't read my calipers.

Last edited:
You can use a straight hose there. When you install it, it'll make the corner all by itself. Take care with the tubing, it's some kind of thinwalled mystery metal.

I considered doing what you're doing, and making my own replacement hardlines, but the OEM is still affordable, and I have too many other irons in the fire.

The rear heater hoses are smaller diameter than the fronts. The rears are 13mm and the fronts are 16mm. I used to substitute an FJ60 rear hose as it had a 90 degree bend and could be cut down. That hose is now discontinued. You could use a UZJ100 hose as those are also 13mm.

Try 87245-60480?
I didn't use this one that I bought from @cruiserdan. It measures 0.615 ID.
I thought the hoses were 16mm nominal. I may be wrong.
I ended up ditching the rear heater after I pulled the shield above the cat converter and saw the rust damage.
I have a black truck, so I have solar heat. At least in the daytime, usually.
HeaterHoseSub.jpg

Last edited:
That one is for the front heater, too big.

That is the one I used to sub.

I just took the old hoses to the parts store and they matched the bend to molded hoses the same size. I then trimmed it to length. For all those little heater hoses I used either 1/2" or 5/8" ID.

If the OEM hoses are 16mm, a 5/8" hose will work. My tubing measures a full 17mm though. A 5/8" hose, if it were thinwalled enough, might stretch enough, but I easily bent one of the front heater tubes removing a hose and I wouldn't want to take the chance personally. FWIW, the OEM hoses have a pretty thick wall, for a heater hose; and they're inner braided too.

As usual, you guys are awesome! Thank you. I had to replace the radiator and it has started a domino chain through every coolant hose in the truck. Turns out old hoses don't like being handled and changing one always disturbs the next one in the line. The heater control valve was no better and I just received a replacement unit in the mail. Now the PS hoses are leaking. I am thinking 22 years is a bit past the max life expectancy for elastomeric products in an 80. :)

Crap, I read what Dan said. My bad. I have another piece of hose (from @cruiserdan) 87245-90A04, but alas that is No Longer Available.
Want one?
Thanks, Jim. I responded via PM. Your generosity reminded me that I have a set of used OME 860 coil springs taking up space in my garage - free to whoever needs them.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom