Heater for a poorly insulated garage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Back to the original post I've installed several Modine Hot Dawg garage heaters and they work great. It's a direct vent propane heater that can be bolter directly to the ceiling and vented out the side wall. Runs on a wall thermostat. They have a model that uses outside combustion air also.

Modine Hot Dawg
@Toyo FJ40, are you still happy with the Modine heater? That's the product I'm leaning towards, eager to hear your feedback after some years of use.

I don't think I'd be able to afford keeping the shop at ~40° thru the winter here in western MA, but having a batch of 1 - 3 days with the shop at a reasonable temp would be do-able.

Anyone else have feedback / updates on this thread?

Strange approach..

I used to rent space at a big warehouses and a pier in San Francisco, sure no snow, or cold cold but the wind will chill your bones

Well it was pointless to try the heat the whole place so I decide that use my Gerbing heated motorcycle suit and carry a smallish oddisey 680 battery on my back pack, kind of heavy but it work great

I did have very long wires so if I was going to stay on the same area I hang the backpack from a hook and go to town

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom