Heater Core for 40's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just by accident I asked the guy at Autozone about a heater core for my 71. He said he had it and in stock and sold it to me for $52.00! I couldn't believe it but figured, I'll take it home and match it up. I'll be damned if it wasn't a perfect recore. Just an FYI for those that might need one.

What do you have for a part number?

wow awsome. now this is th efront heater box right. not the rear. sorry not too familiar.

yeah post up a part # last time i checked my parts place it was over $100.00 for one for my 76

I have two, cleaned and pressure tested...$25@ plus whatever the actual shipping is, from KC.

Ed

Poser, if you need one.......shipping is free.;) Hand carried.

I just saw this post, but I have a FJ55. I think they have the same heater as a 40 but I would like some conformation before i order. Its getting cold and I really don't care for the smell of coolant in the morning.

Thanks

The cores are the same. I have a restored 55 heater if you need one.
Ed

You bet I need one, PM with the details. Thanks

I'll post a pic of what I have, to make sure it is what you need. I will take $80 + actual shipping (USPS) from Kansas City. I think shipping should run about $15.

Ed

Here are a couple of pics...
Heaterparts 001.jpg
Heaterparts 002.jpg
Heaterparts 003.jpg

That is one nice decal!

It was a choice between that and an "Honest Charlie's Speed Shop" decal, and I just happened to choose this one......dunno where I got it;) Man you are up early. Run outa Ambien CR?:D

Ed

It was a choice between that and an "Honest Charlie's Speed Shop" decal, and I just happened to choose this one......dunno where I got it;) Man you are up early. Run outa Ambien CR?:D

Ed

Have not gone to bed, I slept till 9 last night since I was down all day with a pinched nerve causing a monster headache. Plus it has been snowing all night and I want to hit Starbucks at 6am and watch the accidents stack up at the I205 and 99E interchange:D

Did you read that post about me taking the sleping pill? That little pill Fawked me up for a few days......................:eek:

Yes all autozones that stock the core sell it for less than $60, but if they dont stock it it's $69 like my local store.

That looks nice but mine is different. I have a 74 and it has adjustable vents on the top to blow air on the driver and passanger. I dont have my camera, but it kinda looks like the picture at SOR. It says its for a 9/73 - 84 FJ40. Hmmmm, whats the deal? What do others have in there rigs? I am going to have to look at other pics of pigs. Your refurb is nice but I really only need the heater core itself. Thanks for the pics.
186c1.gif

Well, sort of. My vents are different, they are adjustable up/down side/side. I don't have a handle on the side (they are all in the dash) and the intake on the side is not square or rectangle. Its a triangle intake. It does have a stamp on the side with a teq number 87150-60092 and a nippomdenso number 116400-0310. Man, I need my camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom