Heated Rearview Mirrors Finished (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sean, I just bought the 6.3 x 4.2 (after measuring on the Cruiser). Curious how you routed the passenger side mirror (+) to the defrost relay? Just tucked up under the dash somewhere? I'm trying to keep the wiring as clean and oem as possible as there's already so much else going on under there. :)

The cleanest way is to run it under the front seats. Following the same routes as the rear heater blower and seat wiring.

Sent from my iPad

It looks to me like 100 series mirrors (at least some overseas ones) were heated and that the glass is the same shape. Is it possible we can just buy these, pop the glass out, then pop it in the 80 holder? Can anyone check if the 80 and 100 have the same shape glass?

Part numbers seem to be 87931-6a040 (LH) and 87961-60820 (RH)

upload_2018-1-30_7-14-29.png

upload_2018-1-30_7-15-41.png

It looks to me like 100 series mirrors (at least some overseas ones) were heated and that the glass is the same shape. Is it possible we can just buy these, pop the glass out, then pop it in the 80 holder?

Those are $40 each and it's really not very hard to add the eBay heater pads. The worst part about it is routing wires through the door, which you'd still have to do.

Medium redi-cut mirror pads are $30. So for $20 more I could potentially get OEM quality. Either way, I’d like to see if it’s possible.

Medium redi-cut mirror pads are $30. So for $20 more I could potentially get OEM quality. Either way, I’d like to see if it’s possible.

Fair enough. It would be easy enough to pull one side mirror and lay it against the opposite mirror on a 100.

I just did my driver side tonight. Man, running wire between the door and cab is a nightmare. I used the Burco medium pads. They are much larger than the specs on the site say, but I cut them and they worked.

B9DB2ABB-A14F-4DB3-A928-D81CE33605E4.jpeg
D91A6E4A-61BF-415F-9A3B-BD4FF038F133.jpeg

Drove to work today with this on. It was about 15 degrees outside, but the mirror was warm to the touch! It does seem like it's a little warped though. Hopefully the glue on the back will flatten out a little with time. I actually got a new toyota mirror glass and I reused the glue they provided on the back. It's some sort of white putty that doesn't really ever dry. Seems like it may let the mirror flatten out over time as it flows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom