Heat riser block off plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought a timing light from autozone that has a tach in it it works great. It also has timing advance on it so I can check timing on the tdc mark or use a different setting than stock if needed.

I bought a timing light from autozone that has a tach in it it works great. It also has timing advance on it so I can check timing on the tdc mark or use a different setting than stock if needed.
I will head there tomorrow....need to get this right

I think I need to get one isn’t a multimeter ....a dedicated tachometer. Know of a good one?

I just have a cheap-ass auto parts store one permanently mounted on my steering column. Works well enough for setting idle and driving.

Here is my timing light. It only has settings for 2-4 cycle.

F27DCE24-70F0-4DDB-95E8-306A89985676.jpeg

6D3D1AED-A6BA-4323-AFDE-734268074B56.jpeg

7A8C98DC-415E-4B75-9349-9A8E9CAE8BE2.jpeg

Anyone know where the block off plates can be ordered from? I'm searching for one for my 78. Thanks!

🔧 🔧

I run a block off plate on my rig, you'll need to trim the flapper inside or remove it all together. I think that in the winter it may need choked a little longer before it starts running as smooth as it should. Other than that I haven't noticed anything unusual.
Did same as Ryan. At a mile high here in Prescott and cold winter temps in the AM I may run the choke a little longer for her to warm up but other than that runs excellent. It would be nice if someone made something modern that would open and close the flap based on ambient temp. I guess they used to have something made of wax that controlled it. I am an analog guy but even to me that seems primitive.

Anyone know where the block off plates can be ordered from? I'm searching for one for my 78. Thanks!

You can find out more about them here:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom