Headliner Support Rods FJ60 ('85) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought a FJ60 without the headliner, support rods or silencer pads. I'm interested in where I can pick up the support rods and silencer pads. For the headliner, I may have one made or opt for the SOR reproduction. If anyone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears!

What's your recommendation on where to pick these things up...do it right? Thanks in advance...this is a killer resource.

Brett

Welcome! Having just gone through the headliner installation process recently, I have a small write up and pictures of my install: My Hawaiian HJ60 Refresh, Maintenance and Good Times
It may be helpful if you are putting it in yourself.
We purchased the gray felt headliner from SOR, and the fit and color was very nice. We looked into getting one custom made locally, but found the cost to be almost 4 times.
For the support rods, best/cheapest option would be to get them from someone parting out a 60. If you do this, make sure they number them coming out since they are different sizes.
For the roof insulation, plenty of ready made products are available from vendors, but wouldn't be hard to source and install your own insulation of choice (from hardware store material to automotive jute that the factory put in).
Anyways, good luck with your install! I'm pretty proud of how mine turned out, so here is a photo of it just installed.
image.jpeg

Aloha Jen -

That's a nice restoration. Thanks for sharing your journey and all the pics. Your experience may have been different given the islands, but what suggestions, if any, do you have for locating someone "parting out" and FJ60? Thanks again...love the generosity of the board members!

Brett

Welcome! Having just gone through the headliner installation process recently, I have a small write up and pictures of my install: My Hawaiian HJ60 Refresh, Maintenance and Good Times
It may be helpful if you are putting it in yourself.
We purchased the gray felt headliner from SOR, and the fit and color was very nice. We looked into getting one custom made locally, but found the cost to be almost 4 times.
For the support rods, best/cheapest option would be to get them from someone parting out a 60. If you do this, make sure they number them coming out since they are different sizes.
For the roof insulation, plenty of ready made products are available from vendors, but wouldn't be hard to source and install your own insulation of choice (from hardware store material to automotive jute that the factory put in).
Anyways, good luck with your install! I'm pretty proud of how mine turned out, so here is a photo of it just installed.
View attachment 1417942

Aloha Jen -

That's a nice restoration. Thanks for sharing your journey and all the pics. Your experience may have been different given the islands, but what suggestions, if any, do you have for locating someone "parting out" and FJ60? Thanks again...love the generosity of the board members!

Brett

Hey Brett... check the classified section and it's subforum "parting out". There's always someone parting out a 60. The rods should be easy to find.

@Brett Stohlton i might have the support rods... and some Silencers (i take it those are the wide metal pieces?
If i do have them they are yours just pay the shipping from CA.

I'll check tomorrow morning...

@Brett Stohlton i might have the support rods... and some Silencers (i take it those are the wide metal pieces?

Or don't check the classifieds, because awesome guys like this will help you out!

:clap:

Aloha Jen -

Brett
^^^ exactly what these guys said.

Thanks for all the great advice and offers to help!! Mad props to the IH8MUD community.

PM sent..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom