Headlight = battery killer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My headlights remain on with the car off and there is no chime to remind me to turn off the lights when the key comes out of the ignition. I have replaced a couple of batteries. Any after market solutions other than just paying attention (which hasn't worked)?

My headlights remain on with the car off and there is no chime to remind me to turn off the lights when the key comes out of the ignition. I have replaced a couple of batteries. Any after market solutions other than just paying attention (which hasn't worked)?

What year do you have? My headlights go out when I open my door. There is no chime or anything like that. Does your Drivers side door switch work, as in does it turn on/off your dome light?

Got a '90 80 series.

The newer 80 series turn the lights off automatically after ignition is turned off and driver door is opened. In another vehicle I bought a buzzer that you simply piggybacked into the headlight fuse, if you left the lights on and the ignition was off, it would buzz. Check you local autoparts stores or JC whitney and the like.

It takes about 10 seconds to do the mod once you find the right fuse. :D

sweet. thanks. that's been bugging me awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom