head gasket question - case closed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sloanstavern

SILVER Star
Threads
Forgot to search first - disregard

Getting ready to re assemble the engine and laid the head gasket in place. It matches the image from the toyota parts web site, but it will cover some coolant holes present in the block. This is a non usa engine ( 1982 FJ45).

1580339215492.png

Options -
1. Do I have the wrong gasket
2. Can I cut holes for the missing collant openings
3. Use it as is.

Thanks for any suggestions

Last edited:
OEM gasket? it should have a tab that goes to the rear
make sure it is on the correct way for the oil passage feeding the rocker assembly

OEM gasket? it should have a tab that goes to the rear
make sure it is on the correct way for the oil passage feeding the rocker assembly

Hi - it is not OEM.

I was able to find multiple images from OEM and other manufactures, and the lay out is identical.

The gasket ( with tab at rear of engine) only blocks off a few coolant holes on the non lifer side of the block

Do the holes in the block that are being blocked by the gasket, have corresponding holes in the head? Some holes may be for machining only and don't match the head. It was also discussed "HERE"

Do the holes in the block that are being blocked by the gasket, have corresponding holes in the head? Some holes may be for machining only and don't match the head. It was also discussed "HERE"
Thanks Steamer that link is helpful. I triple checked, and the gasket I have matches the OEM exactly . I did find a few one sided holes ( ie the casting aids )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom