Head Gasket Dealer Replacement Costs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you have not noticed the HG thing comes up every summer about this time so maybe its related to heat. :idea:
With a 1 in 25 chance (odds by MH_Stevens) I will continue make sure my junk stays cool via aftermarket temp gauge and have my oil analysis by Blackstone lab and try not to worry about it.

Thanks Phil

Also, i think you personally have one of the best/funniest avatars here! I got all sorts of PM's of people complaining when i had my
meandfinger2.jpg

avatar up which i why i changed to the raging monkey!

i guess some people think that baby is cuter then me! :D

I would try to sit back and relax and just keep my cooling system in good shape except..... that I would like to go wheeling in some remote mountain locations where there might not be anybody around for 50 miles or so. The nearest tow truck could be another 100 miles away. Even then can a tow truck get to me?

I know I shouldn't wheel alone but that's not practical in my case.

I know that anything can fail but the HG seems to be high on that list.

Last edited:
In addition to the Blackstone Labs analysis (an excellent annual check IMO), you might pull the plugs and check them when your HG worry stress reaches critical levels. Very little water in the cylinder as Rick describes via the sealing ring would give you a completely clean sparkplug (instant steam clean). They're easy to pull if you put copper anti sieze paste on the threads, dielectric grease on the boots and plug hole boot. Just another way to have peace of mind if you're heading off to the boonies. Of course a clean, sound and fresh cooling system is #1.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom