Having trouble finding threads with search (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It has been years since I have been here. Lost my 94 in the divorce.
But I have last night bought a 92 to start over again.
The 92 is really clean inside and outside does not even have one little ding nor dent. There are a couple little rust spots but otherwise she is 99.99% rust free.
Right now she is with Mark from Cruisers Only getting her drive line and engine checked over.

So I guess I stink at code words for the search function because I can not find the threads/tutorials that I am looking for.

There was a thread with photos and all on how to replace the antenna and maybe a second one that covered replacing the antenna mast. I can not find these threads, they would be at least 6 year old threads.

There was a thread about retrofitting the AC to r134a. The tread gave detailed info on dryer replacement and O ring replacement. I can not find this tread.

I found the slow window fix thread as well as direction for diagnosing the Cruise control and those 4 issues seem to be all I need to address, Mark will check over the mechanics.

Maybe someone who trolls through threads just to mine info, or one of the older members bookmarked the tread, I am asking for your guys help finding the info for my 2 problems.

Thanks
Steven

Welcome back loquito :)

Havent tried this myself but have read many say its much better getting results from searching ih8mud from the google interface.

Go To google. Type ih8mud followed by your inquiry.

Hope that helps. (If i goofed that up someone please correct me)

The antennae repair may be buried in the FAQ page stickied at the top. Ive noticed it seems the faq info doesnt seem to show up in 80 tech searches.

Antennae info in faq
Power Antenna Mast Replacement

And i just ran across r12 conversion thread linked recently. Will poke around some more.

Last edited:
Same as jfz80. Google is good if you type in what you are looking for and add "FJ80" and "IH8MUD". Ex: "retrofitting the AC to r134a fj80 ih8mud". Then I click on the More results More results from forum.ih8mud.com link from the initial google search, and get a few google pages of threads to search. Anyways, that's how I have had luck starting a search.

Last edited:
Woah.

Congrats on the best year 80 made! And pics or it didn't happen.

And please tell me you lost the 94 because you traded it to someone for a Hyundai Sonata and stuck her with that instead of letting her have the 80! :grinpimp:

Blast from the past indeed.

Welcome back.
Hi Beno
I find the further I go back the more I recognize the names. I hear your now the man I need to contact to buy some of my parts, how do I contact you?

Ohh, @loquito , since you mentioned divorce, welcome to the world of @Aloha Jen as well! Welcome back btw!
I do not know what you are trying to imply? In the world of Aloha Jen I am niether a home wrecker, nor am I single.

To just get results from mud then type this:

site:ih8mud.com: r134 retrofit

Just be sure to put a space between the second colon and the search term.

I do not know what you are trying to imply? In the world of Aloha Jen I am niether a home wrecker, nor am I single.

He's simply saying that since you like to post pictures of yourself as often as possible that he will enjoy seeing them without any worries of a jealous wife.

:beer:

Hi Aloha Jen nice to meet you.
I am neither a home wrecker or single either, but would love to see pics from the island. I hear wainie (sp) side of the island completely changed from the 80s when I lived there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom