Have you looked at your thingie lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can't I just call Onstar and have get me out of my Toyota? GM does own part of Toyota USA. Just look what GM did to the HiLux/Tacoma. Bad example :(
kurt

AFAIK, GM does not hold an interest in Toyota. They are "partners" in a mfg plant and I think some other stuff.

Jim could use the thingie to hide his ign key after he get it rekeyed. That way he could hide one key for the door in the OTHER thingie and hid the ign key in the thingie.
kurt

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=3626;start=0#msg26976 date=1058304063]
AFAIK, GM does not hold an interest in Toyota. They are "partners" in a mfg plant and I think some other stuff.
[/quote]

So, does GM purchase each Toyota Voltz individually and rebage it into a Pontiac Vibe?

concep01.jpg

I don't think Toyota is owned by GM. I think it is a "manufacturing agreement." GM rebadges Matrixs as Vibes. They make vehicles together at the NUMA plant that consistantly ranks as the number one best plant in the US. My guess is Toyota skirts some tariffs and GM gains a measurable amount of quality out of the deal.
What did GM do to the Taco?

GM does not rebadge the Matrix. It is the foriegn market Toyota Voltz.

Same chassis, completely different body.

Whan GM started building the Tacoma in '95 I was told that GM owned 25% of Toyota USA.
kurt

[quote author=Gumby link=board=2;threadid=3626;start=0#msg27011 date=1058308884]
Ihey make vehicles together at the NUMA plant...

NUMA? Have you been reading Clive Cussler novels ?

Ed [/quote]

Why did the stuff I wrote get included in the quote? Help

[quote author=landandsea link=board=2;threadid=3626;start=0#msg27093 date=1058328281]
Why did the stuff I wrote get included in the quote? Help
[/quote]

When you quote something it is included in bracketed stuff. It begins wit on like [ quote ](spaces not included) and ends in one like [ /quote ]. Your added text must be outside the last little codey thingy. Sorry, that is as technical as I get.

Another reason I love my landcruiser. I checked my lower cannister last night and found it to be 1/4 full of bugs and dust which had become dried mud. I also noticed that there was a flap which looked to be a release for moisture, etc. I doubt the cannister has ever been checked.

I wonder what other auto has such a catch under the main air filter.

Will

During my snorkel install, and moving the air filter assembly, I noticed my thingie. Holy cow, someone must have had their thingie in there. No crap, there was what appeared to be a very old, and emptied condom wrapper in there. Yup. Just the foil, but really made me wonder about the previous owner and/or the mechanic that worked on the truck. To this day, when I take things apart for the first time, I never know what I'll find.

Good thing the Boz never worked for Toyota. :D

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=3626;start=30#msg27326 date=1058403516]
No crap, there was what appeared to be a very old, and emptied condom wrapper in there.
[/quote]

Maybe your truck actually sucked it in?

Mine had an inch of sand ... thanx for the tip !

As for junks 'rubber' . Just reinforces his motto ; '..everything else sucks!'.... his Junk . *L* . I guess we know what he uses for theft 'protection' now . :D

T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom