Has anyone siped Goodrich Krawlers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not a great tire on snow or ice and not great in the rain. Curious if anyone has siped them and if they felt it helped. Mine are red dot but curious about red or blue.

Not a great tire on snow or ice and not great in the rain. Curious if anyone has siped them and if they felt it helped. Mine are red dot but curious about red or blue.
I siped my blue labels and it worked great. My understanding with red labels is that the tread compound makes them terrible on snow. I think its because red label tread compound is kind of spongy.

BFG specifically states that Red Label tires are not to be used in cold weather. The compound is formulated to flex and grip when it gets warm. When cold, it will become hard and brittle, leaving you with a very poor performing tire.

For winter driving, tires should be removed and stored indoors in low humidity at room temperature.

As much as Red Label Krawlers cost, I find it hard to imagine doing anything to shorten their life. Siping would certainly do that. They are definitely not designed for cold weather. When they freeze, the porous rubber is severely impacted or outright ruined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom