Has anyone run air bag suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dieseldude

Bware of the 1 eye monstr
Threads
I must be getting a little cabin fever - I'm thinking about replacing my coils out back and replace them with heavy duty truck air bags. A set of them were donated to me and I should use them somewhere . . . .

The test vehicle is my '72- 86 FJ turned BJ 40 series. It's got a lot of junk done to it already including 3B with Ford TBird Turbo, Volvo Intercooled, 5 speed, four link out back, three link up front and the list goes on and on . . . .

Does anyone run heavy truck air bags?

"W" Harrold of Over the Hill 4x4 runs them on his FJ55 thingy (which BTW is now a single seat buggy:lol:)

I am not coordinated enough to be constantly adjusting the 4 corners, steering and watching where I am going at the same time. If you like to go fast it can be a real challenge to stay on top of all the valves and adjustments.
Wsuspension2.jpg

Bags are neat..

But if you ever get a leak in your system, you better have a good way to fix it ;)

Are shakers upper links really as short as they appear in that pic?

Bag drop aways???

There it's a mate in Costa Rica that build it with truck air bags, and independent control for each corner ..

main.php

He can leveled placing all suspension controls ( all corners ) in 0

"W" Harrold of Over the Hill 4x4 runs them on his FJ55 thingy (which BTW is now a single seat buggy:lol:)

I am not coordinated enough to be constantly adjusting the 4 corners, steering and watching where I am going at the same time. If you like to go fast it can be a real challenge to stay on top of all the valves and adjustments.

Desmond has a air bag control system where he has about 4 stages to choose from. You'll notice he doesn't tinker around trying to find the right setting like mad man W. It is always entertaining to see W adjust his "thing" about 50 times along with his rear steer just for him to floor it up the obstacle.

Four Wheeler Mag. Top Truck Challenge 2005.Tied for 3rd . Belongs to my buddy Phil.We're taking it out to Disney Oklahoma on Saturday.I'll take plenty of pics and post when I get a chance.The things pretty wicked.Chevy 350/4 link/37"(today)Dove tailed (after a roll in Moab)I do know it's capable as all get out.I'm actually pretty amazed at his build.

the 45 LV belongs to IIRC the owner or an employee of the 4 wheel parts in Reno (or at least used to).

Unimog portals and airbags. I met the dude at Sema a couple of years ago. He seems to like to talk lol

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom