Has anyone gone from one CARB approved enigne swap to a second? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a new to me 88 with a vortec in it. Previously this truck had a 5.7 tbi set up. It was CARB approved with a sticker on the firewall. Per the seller this new set up was updated with CARB and approved and smogged. However the firewall sticker still refers to the old engine set up.
Has anyone been down this road before? with CARB. Did they update the sticker? or did they leave the old sticker and update the info on the computer?

Any insight would be appreciated

I haven't, but them CARB sticker describes what components are under the hood.... thus making them unique to each vehicle........ i imagine it would need to be updated, so that the smog shop knows what to look for (visual) every two years when a smog check is required...

I would ask a CARB referee about this one. You will probably get conflicting answers here.

I haven't, but them CARB sticker describes what components are under the hood.... thus making them unique to each vehicle........ i imagine it would need to be updated, so that the smog shop knows what to look for (visual) every two years when a smog check is required...
Logically thats what I would imagine also that the info on the sticker should pertain exactly to whats in the vehicle. Logic however is not always as reliable as ine would hope so figured I would ask in case anyone has encountered these exact circumstances before.

I would ask a CARB referee about this one. You will probably get conflicting answers here.
You are right CARB ref is likely the right phone call to make. However from all the threads I have read here on swaps there does seem to be some variability on how those guys interpret and apply the rules. Probably not on this issue but I am looking to arm myself with information before reaching out to them. Mud tends to be a great source for obscure information and I thought if anyone has first hand info they would likely be here somewhere

Last edited:
Reactions: OSS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom