Hardware Kit for ARB Deluxe Bumper Install on an LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok does anyone have an ARB Deluxe bumper still in a box waiting to be installed? I really would appreciate a photo of the hardware provided by ARB. in particular some long round spacers as well as some spacers/shims. I know it's a long shot.

I bought a used one and I was able to purchase all the other bolts but these two things i am not sure of, I can get a pretty good guess from looking at several videos and will hack something on the fly if needed when i start the install but in case I can find out precisely what they are I thought I'd ask. I called ARB twice and none of the techs can help. Their answer is "yeah we don't know exactly what's in the install kit mate" but we can sell you a kit for $600, it will come from Australia and will arrive in about two months...
🙂

Thanks!

IMG_2671.jpg

Just a quick thought—maybe call one of the vendors that regularly installs these. They'll have more first-hand knowledge of the hardware.

Slee and Cruiser Outfitters come to mind. Both available by email also, so you can attach the picture.

I like a lot of ARB's equipment, but I always call Cruiser Outfitters with questions.

Just a quick thought—maybe call one of the vendors that regularly installs these. They'll have more first-hand knowledge of the hardware.

Slee and Cruiser Outfitters come to mind. Both available by email also, so you can attach the picture.

I like a lot of ARB's equipment, but I always call Cruiser Outfitters with questions.

I will try this route. I always don't want to bother shops since I have not bought that from them out of respect.

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 12.19.44 PM.png

This is from a post in 08 :) these two steps will be where I need the correct hardware and would love to see the shape of them. I know the long spacer is to prevent crushing the frame while torquing the bolts down onto the end of the frame and i think the shims is to remove the gap that exists between the bumper brackets and the frame of the truck.

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 12.26.34 PM.png

I contacted ARB USA via email and then phone they sent me all the hardware.
I first used the fitting instructions pdf to identify what was missing from what I had. Then contacted them as to whether they could supply any missing items. As I remember I then called and talked through what I needed and the contact send me a full kit of bolts and parts to install the bumper.
Very satisfying experience, I’d definitely buy ARB again and have.
Is it the Tube Packers you are looking for?
image.jpg

Last edited:
I see it now. First beer in two months, serves me right. As I remember they were not structural. Just a guide for the bolt. Perhaps a narrow gauge? conduit cut to length?

I contacted ARB USA via email and then phone they sent me all the hardware.
I first used the fitting instructions pdf to identify what was missing from what I had. Then contacted them as to whether they could supply any missing items. As I remember I then called and talked through what I needed and the contact send me a full kit of bolts and parts to install the bumper.
Very satisfying experience, I’d definitely buy ARB again and have.
Is it the Tube Packers you are looking for?
View attachment 2463843
Well good for you. I did not get the same experience and called twice. Very nice fellows on the phone just not helpful at all. All they said was a hardware kit is $600.

I see it now. First beer in two months, serves me right. As I remember they were not structural. Just a guide for the bolt. Perhaps a narrow gauge? conduit cut to length?
I was thinking about that as well! I think they are more to prevent the bolt from crushing the end of the frame although I doubt you could tighten them enough to do that. I’ll get some aluminum stock in various thickness to make the shims for under the bumper brackets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom