Harbor Freight folding trailer caster bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can any of you fellas with a Harbor Freight or similar folding utility trailer help me out?

I need to fab up the bracket with casters to roll this thing around when folded. (Whatever that part is called.)

Planning to use some 2x2 L stock and either bolt or weld some casters on.

What is the over all length of the bracket? I assume it is centered on the mounting bolts. A close up pick would also be awesome!

You mean these pieces? They're part of the trailer, aren't they? Or are you building them for a similar (not HF) trailer?

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 01.52.36 PM Oct.11.20.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 01.53.56 PM Oct.11.20.png

@PAToyota, yes those bits right there. It bolts on, but I don't have them for my trailer. (Bought it used, assembled and tagged/registered, which is a thing in WA state.)

@eatSleepWoof, perfect. Thank you!!! I had guessed they were about 18" each and bought angle iron for that length. Those pics with measurements speak volumes. I had missed those little tabs for getting the trailer up on the casters.

Thanks again!!!

@PAToyota, trailer got sidelined for a bit. Part of that time was the trailer filled with 80 series axles.

Getting this thing folded up has again become a priority. Looking at your measurements, I have 17" OAL and the first bolt-hole about 8.25" With that, the bottom of the bracket is only 2" off the deck, aka ground, aka likely going to grind-out when approaching my stupid steep driveway. Is that right?

That is to say, what is the ground clearance to that bracket?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom