Wanted H42 with 3 speed tailshaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@pbr streetgang I've got a H42 from my 1986 60 sitting in the garage that I pulled when I swapped in an H55. Trans is in great shape with no issues, but shipping might be a bear from PA to you.

Do you need the 16 spline output?

I may have one, but not NOS. Working though.

Regarding the 60 H42 vs 40 H42, the top plate is different. Which one do you need?

I also have one if you are still looking mine is out of a 87 fj60. No transafer case.

I have a rebuilt FJ40 H42 with a brand new 16 splined tailshaft already installed. I am in Burbank Ca.

I also have a rebuilt but run H42 with an AA 10 spline output shaft. It is already listed in the classifieds, although with woody's new sub-forum format, I don't know how easily it can be found.

So. I'm looking for an H42 that will end up in a '69 FJ40 with a later 2F (60 series P/S) spinning the 3 speed case.
As the later 60 series 42s (85.5-87?) were longer they aren't optimal for this project.

I thought about using a 41 but this build doesn't need the lower 1st gear...and as clean 41s are getting harder to find I'll rat hole mine for later project.

Thanks for all the responses!

Just bumped the thread with the rebuilt H42 wit the 3speed tailshaft. I'd post a link,but can't figure out how to do it from my iPad.

Bump

Why not run the much more common ( and easier to source/replace ) 16-spline H42 with the "transition" gear? We have the gears and associated parts in stock.
Another option would be the short 19-spline H42 with a split case. Stronger and quieter setup. If you need the ebrake on the tcase, we have the split case ebrake components in stock as well.
Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers
Shop 209-475-8808

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom