GX470 towed while in park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got my GX470 2007 towed while it was parked. Not on parking beak. About few hundred yards. Not sure exactly how it was towed. No visible damage on the car.
Should I be concerned about damage to drivetrain?
Thank you!

Got my GX470 2007 towed while it was parked. Not on parking beak. About few hundred yards. Not sure exactly how it was towed. No visible damage on the car.
Should I be concerned about damage to drivetrain?
Thank you!
Not just dragged onto a flatbed, but dragged down the street?!

If it damaged something it would probably be the pawl inside the transmission or the transfer case. Even if they did use a flatbed it still would have been dragged it on to it.

Either way it ain't good and I'd be very angry with whoever dragged it and take appropriate action.

How do you know that actually happened?

Tow truck drivers are usually hyper aware of their liability for vehicle damage and have work arounds like putting your wheels on dollies, or jimmying the window and using the neutral override button near the shifter (allows them to put vehicle into neutral without key) it’s beneath the little dime-sized plastic cap.

IMG_8211.jpeg

Not sayin it didn’t happen, just that you should confirm if you didn’t see it get towed.

It’s easy to test; Put your car in park on a hill, let off the brake and see if it rolls. If they broke the pin that holds it in park, you’d know.

How do you know that actually happened?

Tow truck drivers are usually hyper aware of their liability for vehicle damage and have work arounds like putting your wheels on dollies, or jimmying the window and using the neutral override button near the shifter (allows them to put vehicle into neutral without key) it’s beneath the little dime-sized plastic cap.
I had no idea what that button was. Thank you! Will give it a test this weekend out of pure curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom