Gx460 roof rack .... not my favorite set-up, but worked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rex in bama

SILVER Star
Threads
Have been contemplating a replacement, but the thing impressed me on a canoe run this w/e. Pretty rough, backcountry shuttle road, and darn if it didn’t handle two canoes just fine. Wish it was wider, is all, or Yakima made a tower for it.

31BD1E46-92DC-4DE5-A982-581E0F9F5031.jpeg

FB931055-CAC2-42DD-9BE4-F4330A5122F0.jpeg

Sweet canoe pic. Did yours come with cross bars? Mine did not, and I’d like to know where to source these simple factory crossbars?

Sweet canoe pic. Did yours come with cross bars? Mine did not, and I’d like to know where to source these simple factory crossbars?
Did not come with them, but was able to source a Lexus product on Amazon. There were several Chinese knock-off options, but with bad feedback so I avoided them.

I wish Rago would make the cross bars for the factory side rails like they offer for the 470.

I'm not sure who the manufacturer is but living here in So. Cal. we see a lot of SUP's (Stand UP Paddle boards) on to of vehicles. These are very wide and I've see racks that extend past the towers. If I remember correctly, The racks use a tube (pipe, bar, etc.) as a cross bar. The tube goes through the tower so it can be as long as needed. I've seen small vehicles with side-by-side SUP's with them hanging over each side of the vehicle by several inches, fully supported on the cross bars.
You may need to purchase a different rack system.

I'm not sure who the manufacturer is but living here in So. Cal. we see a lot of SUP's (Stand UP Paddle boards) on to of vehicles. These are very wide and I've see racks that extend past the towers. If I remember correctly, The racks use a tube (pipe, bar, etc.) as a cross bar. The tube goes through the tower so it can be as long as needed. I've seen small vehicles with side-by-side SUP's with them hanging over each side of the vehicle by several inches, fully supported on the cross bars.
You may need to purchase a different rack system.
The problem is that the two standard rack companies, Thule and Yakima, do not make a roof application for the gx. There are some complete options that are pricey and have you remove the side rails, but I’d rather note go that route.

The problem is that the two standard rack companies, Thule and Yakima, do not make a roof application for the gx. There are some complete options that are pricey and have you remove the side rails, but I’d rather note go that route.

It looks like Yakima is coming out with something.

TCK6hxS.jpg

Inno makes cross bars compatible with the GX rails, and they have wide options. Like these which will fit wider square cross bars. (Note you will need to buy the rest of the set with those, that link is just the feet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom