GX460 regrets? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s a Midwest car. Surface rust on the underbody is actually a little better than I expected. There is on little flaw on the carfax. Car was stolen out of a garage near my area and was recovered a week later. Same thing happen to my father in law with his Hyundai and almost happened to a neighbor on our block. On the 570 the Left rear bumper cover was banged up. Gaps on the back tailgate all look even and close smoothly. I actually did not realize it was stolen until after I had drove the car. As soon as it was recovered the owner traded it for a new BMW. For being stolen, I thought for sure it would have been trashed. We actually happen to see it before the dealership detailed it. So we are aware nothing was being covered up or hidden. Just would put us at another 5 year payment instead of potentially a 2 maybe 3 year payment with the gx. Makes looking at the gx premium difficult for $32k with44k miles knowing we can opt up to a 570 for $6 more. Im not sure if buying a stolen car is bad juju even though it was left an open garage with the key fob in it during a time when people where aware of the gangbangers where stealing cars in our area. And that it would be another 5 year car payment and I really really don’t like car payments. But it is a clean 570 that was a $90k+ vehicle brand new. The more we think and think about it we are leaning towards just keeping the van since it will be paid of in about 8 months.

To each his own but I don't buy stolen vehicles, it's a bad juju thing for me. In reality it doesn't sound like much happened but just like the previous owner, I too would have dumped it after getting it back.

I have only been in the market for about a month. So I located a 2015 460 luxury w/ driver support package with 72k miles for $30,900. They are giving us $20k for the sienna which I think is fair. Better than another offer.

Led Brake light on the rear spoiler flickers and there is condensation under the lense. Also looks like the passenger wiper is bent. Blade doesn’t sit in parallel with the de icer. But everything else appears to check out. Coolant still looks pink and no oil dripping from it. It’s a local Midwest vehicle vehicle. Was not bought in an action from NY or the New England area. To me still seems a little high but I think acceptable. Tire are cooper rtx ATs. About 50% tread left. Thoughts?

Last edited:
That's slightly over top dollar according to book. I'd offer $27K and go from there if you're interested. That said, I wouldn't want a vehicle that originated from that part of the country so I'd keep looking.

That's slightly over top dollar according to book. I'd offer $27K and go from there if you're interested. That said, I wouldn't want a vehicle that originated from that part of the country so I'd keep looking.

Thanks.

I offered 28000 yesterday because they offered $18k for trade in which is about we where offered at a BMW dealership and Lexus dealership. On top they dropped there advertised listing price down $700 for a 4th of July sale. So either way is $2700 less I have to pay. Aside from brake light and windshield wipers body is fairly clean. Looked at3 others today.I’m in the Chicago area. 2 2014s with premium package had significant scratches. Down to metal. Black exterior. One of those also had an empty coolant reservoir. A 2016 luxury had what appeared to be a big oil slick under it andwhat I assume was oil covering the skid plate. They had to jump the battery and was was not running well.
Thought about going to another area of the country with no road salt but if priced well the move quick. Came across a couple other with funky odors one even was lexus certified surprisingly for $33k. So we are hesitant to spend the money on airfare to still find one with issues that suddenly appeared when we got there cause no car is “perfect”. For some reason it seems like the market has picked up on the GX. And a white GX is somewhT of a rare find with black or brown interior. Again these are my observations for only looking for 1 month.

I have both.

The 200 is only slightly wider than GX, but that width allows me to fit an infant seat (in the middle) right next to a toddler seat. Cant do that with GX.

And no way would I ever buy a stolen car that’s been recovered......

In case anyone is curious, we decided on the 2015 460 Luxury with driver support package and good service history at Lexus dealership. White with Sepia brown interior. Also had the dealer tow package and remote start. Seems it has just about every option except for the dvd system. Clean for a Midwest vehicle. Very little interior wear for just under 71k miles. Was listed at 31,500. I had my vehicles mixed up and I thought this one didn’t have the remote start. I challenged the used car dealership on it and said I would pay full price if they could show me how it worked. They couldn’t figure it out and reduced the price to $30,895. Couldn’t get them down any lower even letting is sit for a week. On a second check of the vin I realized it did actually have remote start and it works. Just thought I would also post this a reference for pricing. We end up selling or van for $22k through kbb. Dealer who bought it actually gave us more than the kbb value. So it works for us.

Last edited:
Gotta love getting a feature (remote start) when you don't expect it!

I wish Toyota remote start didn't turn off when you opened the door.

I'm fine at this point with equipment level but if I knew then (early 2017) what I knew now I would have searched out the 10-13 version of Driver Support Package... so subtly named "WIDE-VIEW FRONT AND SIDE MONITOR SYSTEM/PRE-COLLISION SYSTEM (PCS) WITH DRIVER ATTENTION MONITOR PACKAGE"

I still need to get around to retrofitting Intelligent High beams. I have the appropriate mirror to do that...just need to study wiring diagrams some more as not plug and play with stock wiring.

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 1.58.28 PM.png

1.jpg
2.jpg

Not that I ride tails but can’t say I’ve encountered the pre collision system yet in driving. same with the driver monitoring. I get that it watches eyes and eye movement so maybe on an overnighter I might encounter it.

love the intelligent high beams. Feels like a waste that they incorporated a button now instead of the light stalk.

I'm fine at this point with equipment level but if I knew then (early 2017) what I knew now I would have searched out the 10-13 version of Driver Support Package... so subtly named "WIDE-VIEW FRONT AND SIDE MONITOR SYSTEM/PRE-COLLISION SYSTEM (PCS) WITH DRIVER ATTENTION MONITOR PACKAGE"

I still need to get around to retrofitting Intelligent High beams. I have the appropriate mirror to do that...just need to study wiring diagrams some more as not plug and play with stock wiring.

View attachment 2368554
View attachment 2368560View attachment 2368562
the p

Although I currently do not own the 460, we came very close to buying a brand new one few weeks back. I had the deal finalized for $47.5K (+ state tax) and then with our newborn (7 weeks old), we had a change of heart and just found Land Cruiser (LX cousin) to have more room and meet our needs, especially with the 3rd row that does not have a gap in between the 2 seats like the GX and is wider. Having said that, I do think LX will give you more room in the long run. But it all boils down to how you feel about your needs.

If you dont have 270 or 360 camera stock, I`d look into a wireless DVR system type setup. Setup those cameras to run to a separate monitor. The cameras u can get 3p are probably higher image quality then what lexus has on stock.

To be honest, I wasnt searching for one with the driver support package. I was looking mainly at 2nd gen platforms with the premium package. Just happen to come across a driver support option with what we considered a decent price from the 15 other vehicles we saw.

Although I currently do not own the 460, we came very close to buying a brand new one few weeks back. I had the deal finalized for $47.5K (+ state tax) and then with our newborn (7 weeks old), we had a change of heart and just found Land Cruiser (LX cousin) to have more room and meet our needs, especially with the 3rd row that does not have a gap in between the 2 seats like the GX and is wider. Having said that, I do think LX will give you more room in the long run. But it all boils down to how you feel about your needs.

If you plan on having any more than two kids and if the kids are still going to be in carseats (front and/or rear facing), the GX just doesnt work. Prior to the Sienna, my wife drove around a 2004 4runner SR5 that had 3rd row seats. At the time of not having kids when we purchased, it seemed like a good idea to be "future proof". 4runner easily fit the bill with 2 kids. With number 3 on the way, it was just not going to work effectively. Our other car at the time was a 99 4runner. So the Sienna got the nod.

Then the Sequoia got the not as the 3rd vehicle due to that we needed something bigger for the CO trips, something with a more robust 4wd system for an occasional blizzard, and something that could also hold our Mastiff. My wife didnt want the dog in her car with all the dog hair. Having the kids now in booster seats instead of the big bulky car seats, no need for strollers, and still having the Sequoia is what allowed us to down size the minivan. If the 4runner had an option of a ventilation system for 3rd row passengers, we would have been back in that only because the the rear roll down window. The flip up window in the GX works, its just not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom