GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have the Buick Encore GX? :)

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 3.50.22 PM.png

I wish, with that name I'm sure it's great offroad. They tried to put me in a Nissan Altima after the pre-paying for a full size SUV. I turned into Mr. Hyde on their asses and ended up in a Ford Flex. I'm sure they named it that for the articulation. We'll find out tomorrow.😈

On a lighter note, the Maui Brewing Company might be my favorite place on earth.

Club run to areas behind Blackhawk, CO: Pickle Gulch, Dakota Hill and part of Utah Hill. Not super technical but fun and good to continually learn how Black Beauty handles.

View attachment 3087815
That's my home turf! I grew up near Rollinsville. I got a Subaru Justy up Dakota Hill back in the day, and a Toyota Tercel into Mammoth Basin. It's plenty technical in one of those!

Enjoy those mountains enough for me too, there's no telling when I'll get back there again. Thanks for posting.

New member! My 2022 Nori Green GX

Got her back in January, but just had a lot of work done. I’ve mostly has German cars. A lot of German cars actually, I've lost count. (20,000+ posts over on VWVortex) This is my 3rd Toyota, including a 2008 Highlander and the other was a 2000 Mica Green 4Runner 2WD 4Runner, which this really reminds me of the GX in a lot of ways (including some parts sharing still). This rig gets more compliments than anything I‘ve ever owned, aside from my 1964 Unimog maybe.

Icon 2.5“ Stage 2 lift
Tokyo Open Country AT3 285/70/17
Rotiform STL wheels
Rig’d Ultraswing
Magnaflow Overland Exhaust
OVS 270 LT Awning
Thule Rack on the Blackline (Prado) rails
ICECO JP40 fridge

6821D32F-F8BA-4949-9831-0D0082078E7B.jpeg

C3A4FBF3-8CA7-49CA-967E-0DC48A00D8B1.jpeg

051EB928-1627-4649-99A3-5E297888B9DD.jpeg

8D0A6DCB-D34B-4FBF-9CF8-D10B4A5144B6.jpeg

C1FFBED9-9D75-4A9E-9099-C013B3E18614.jpeg

great rig. looks really nice. love the color. i like those wheels a lot - but you could have gotten 17" steelies off a fj cruiser / 4runner spare for about 1/5 the price and gotten the same look haha

They look like a different offset than those steelies. Might just be me.

0615221635a.jpg

great rig. looks really nice. love the color. i like those wheels a lot - but you could have gotten 17" steelies off a fj cruiser / 4runner spare for about 1/5 the price and gotten the same look haha
'22 money is somethin' different.

No hate, if you got it, more power to you! Them's goals.

Easy to waste other’s money but those looks way cleaner than the steelies. The glossy black looks much better as well. The OEM steelies do look mean but minus the center caps they look incomplete which could be the desired look but it’s not for me.

Last edited:
Easy to waste other’s money but those looks way cleaner than the steelies. The glossy black looks much better as well. The OEM steelies do look mean but minus the center caps they look incomplete which could be the desired look but it’s not for me.
I drove 5 lug yotas for 17 years so center caps look wierd and overdressed to me.

Somewhere there’s a Lexus design studio going “Your Welcome”!!

Overdressing is a good summary of the philosophy behind Lexus. You could also also go with the original slogan “The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection”
Yea, there is that. I keep looking at the Prado conversions to de-smug-ify it a bit.

Yea, there is that. I keep looking at the Prado conversions to de-smug-ify it a bit.
I was over in the Dominican Republic last week and it’s crazy how different the Prado’s and the rare GX “feel” over there. There are a ton of Prados and LC’s all over there but they still stand out as these big luxurious rig’s over there.

Don’t get me wrong over there there’s every vehicle you can think of but if you pop up in a Prado a GX or a Porsche you will get the same amount of attention. Here no one bats an eye at the Lexus. Prados, LC, GX, LX are the vehicles of choice of the wealthy, politicians/high ranking military personnel.

I'm not sure about the Caribbean but I have heard new GXs in countries located in SE Asia go anywhere from $150-$200k...

We get them relatively cheap here in North America

The VATS and other taxes push them to levels only very wealthy individuals can afford considering the yearly wages of those countries.

460s are cheaper today than they used to be

EDIT: (it was more than I thought further down) I think back in 2010 with fully loaded Premium w/Driver Support Package gear you would have seen an MSRP around $62-65k.

Adjusted for inflation that is $84,240.34 - $88,316.49 in 2022 dollars

Here is a 2010 Original Pricing Sheet
screen_shot_2020_11_09_at_7_46_17_pm_3dd023d1e79d1626831a6fa84f4c9b915c5571f4.png

Codes for fully loaded 2010 Premium (US Market): 9710, AD, NL, RI, TC, ZA

is basically $70K ($69,980)

2022 dollars: $95,110.06

Last edited:
In DR prices are crazy on cars because you have to pay import tax on vehicles. For some reason which I don’t completely understand American and Korean vehicles are except.

A brand new 2022 GX Premium is going for around $110-115K while a 2022 Prado TXL (base) is 75K, VX (mid grade) is $85K, VXL (big boy) is around $92ish.

The GX’s are rare in the Dominican Republic because besides the higher sticker gasoline is about a dollar more expensive per gallon than diesel. Diesel gives you better mpg, torque, and last longer.

This is why most people opt for the Prado over the GX. The GX is obviously the better looking vehicle, to us the Prado is cooler because we can’t have it.

My pops owns farmland so he actually off roads it 20” wheels and all lol. About 5-6 years ago he traded in his 2010 Tacoma for a 2015 Hillux and he claims it cut his monthly fuel expense almost in half.

0687DFC7-66E9-4F9F-A8D1-76D4285DE9CF.jpeg

I get the Rotiform cast steelie look isn’t for everyone, I get all sorts of comments and people either love them or hate them. They were only $240 each and I had 5 to buy. When you’re used to buying 20”+ BBS or forged HRE wheels at $2k a piece with Michelin Pilot Sports (which run close to $500 a tire), they were pretty cost effective. I wanted a more utilitarian look, I also considered fifteen52 Analog or Black Rhino.

I get the Rotiform cast steelie look isn’t for everyone, I get all sorts of comments and people either love them or hate them. They were only $240 each and I had 5 to buy. When you’re used to buying 20”+ BBS or forged HRE wheels at $2k a piece with Michelin Pilot Sports (which run close to $500 a tire), they were pretty cost effective. I wanted a more utilitarian look, I also considered fifteen52 Analog or Black Rhino.
Converting to the Prado look would work really well with those wheels also!
Considering you live down in my neck of the woods (So. Cal.), having Prado badging going down to Mexico (if you ever venture down there) would allow you to be more inconspicuous, not drawing a lot of attention to you rig.
I've done many day and weekend surf trips down there and have had my share of issues and know you usually want to be low key, especially with the local police. They see the big "L" on your grill, they may try to take you for a little more cash to avoid a ticket.

What is their offset compared to stock?

Last edited:

i like the wheels a lot. i think you made a great choice. i think they look better than the fifteen52s and blackrhinos. hope i didn't come across like an a**hole - was mostly just kidding about the steelies (but they do look very similar)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom