Gun Rack ... and Radio or ... What do you think? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally decided that there really isn't anywhere else for a gun rack to go so I got to building. I could have actually moved it about another two inches toward the windshield but wanted to make sure the visors cleared. Since I had quite a bit of room left over on the driver side I added a bracket for my 2 Meter (since I had no idea where else it might fit...). Once I decide that it is everything I think it will be I'm going to take it back down and do some cosmetic finish, grind down a couple of more welds and paint or powder coat the same color as the head liner. I also need to fab up some sort of locking hinge bracket jobby. But for now it took the test run over the wash board like a champ! So any feedback that y'all have would be much appreciated.

Yes this is a duplicate post :grinpimp:

Pics would be awesome :flipoff2:

duh I thought I posted them! Oooops
Driver Bracket Rough.jpg
Rack Rough finish.jpg
Head Room.jpg

One more picture
HAM Mount Rack.jpg

That is awesome.

I think I'd like a cover on it though, so it's not readily visible. A way of locking it would be good too. Given the high prices of guns these days, would hate to see your truck get broken into and your AR stolen.

Thank you gnob, that means quite a bit from someone with as much experience as you. Yes it attaches at two 6 MM bolts on either side. I had originally added spacers for the other bolts on the grab handles but found that they were unnecessary and added more lever to the handles. I don't intend on leaving my weapon in the vehicle unattended for anyone to steal. I do still intend on adding some sort of lockable latch to replace the velcro, once I figure out how to do it. Even once I can lock it I don't think I will be leaving it unattended accept maybe while down at SD or other place where I am near by.

Thank you! :grinpimp:

is it only for the AR, or will others fit? Looks good

I built it to fit the rail and but stock of my AR, but the bracket could be adjusted fairly easily...

Thank you!

Thanks to DOC I now have the perfect name for my "Zombie Quick Deployment Rack"

Coming to an FJC near you! :grinpimp:

The '10 ZQDR

Is that a sight or a TV on top of the AR?
:cool:

Fricken okies and I'm from nebaska, wish I could mount stuff in my truck.........

It's a Zombieision (or Tweekerision if you prefer) :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom