guess I truly belong here now (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cage looks sick! Not sure where in Ohio you are but I’m looking for someone to make me some sliders :D

Could be done. Bot for a while though. We leave the 30th for Moab and still need to finish mine and add hydro steer on a jeep

We slowed down a little. Seats just showed up yesterday. Going to work on them tonight. Haven't tried to search yet it what's all involved in adding hydraulic steering on a 3fe? Any one make the stuff to do it?

Anyway this is how it sits after sunday
20180506_195159.jpg
20180506_172123.jpg

Somehow I forgot to take pictures tonight. Already moved it outside and it's very dark. So I will get those. All of the tube work is done. Rear seats are in place working on the fronts. I am not 100% happy with my seat choice. I went with procar Offroad seats and they are just too tight the ones I sat in are not the same ones that I got. But I don't have time to get anything else so I will just deal with it. So seats harnesses paint and lights are next. I'm excited to see what it looks like and I'm going to weigh it just for the hell of it

We slowed down a little. Seats just showed up yesterday. Going to work on them tonight. Haven't tried to search yet it what's all involved in adding hydraulic steering on a 3fe? Any one make the stuff to do it?

Anyway this is how it sits after sundayView attachment 1695745 View attachment 1695746
I want hydro steering too. It is a big investment. New nuckles(1k), figure out where to put pan-hard and fab($500), pump brackets, ram, hoses and belts($1k), tie rod and drag link($500) and that’s if you fab everything yourself. Larry

I want hydro steering too. It is a big investment. New nuckles(1k), figure out where to put pan-hard and fab($500), pump brackets, ram, hoses and belts($1k), tie rod and drag link($500) and that’s if you fab everything yourself. Larry
That's what it's looking like unfortunately. Called cruiser outfitters just to see what they said and basically I got a good luck. He said that's just not something people do to an 80

Looks mad!

Dang, that spare is a long way up!
I know...... Hopefully I don't need it. It was an afterthought because the rear was so light

The metal work is pretty much done. Seats and belts are in. Looks really good. I'm very happy. Paint starts tomorrow. I have been slowed by the rebuilt trans in my excursion deciding to quit with about 10k miles on it. Thankfully it's warrantied but a big setback. Just glad it didn't happen in the middle of Kansas. We leave for Moab in 16 days and still so much to do. Pictures tomorrow after work I promise.

Totally dig it! I was planning on trailering to Moab on June 8 so I bought a new trailer, but then after reading about Moab on the net, I’m afraid it will be too hot for camping and my dogs, so I. Putting it off till February. Awesome job with the cage, wish I had a better bender.

I mounted a saginaw p-pump on my 3fe.(from a 62 in my 40 series) I used the bill dorry bracket that George sells modified to fit of course. I think that would be the only mod to the engine ; to fit a pump that would allow adequate pressure and flow for the ram. The toyota pump could probably be made to work but I don't think they make as much pressure or have the flow required. I can send you pics of mine if you like. I do not have a ram. My front is welded currently and it steers fine with just a 4.25 turn saginaw box. The pump I used is from a gm application with hydroboosted brakes. (calibrated for a bit more pressure and flow)

I mounted a saginaw p-pump on my 3fe.(from a 62 in my 40 series) I used the bill dorry bracket that George sells modified to fit of course. I think that would be the only mod to the engine ; to fit a pump that would allow adequate pressure and flow for the ram. The toyota pump could probably be made to work but I don't think they make as much pressure or have the flow required. I can send you pics of mine if you like. I do not have a ram. My front is welded currently and it steers fine with just a 4.25 turn saginaw box. The pump I used is from a gm application with hydroboosted brakes. (calibrated for a bit more pressure and flow)
Please do. I would be very interested. My stock pump is okay it's just not good enough

Here are a few pics. I made the bracket for the adjuster . You can see the two holes I used to mount it. The other bracket that comes in the kit from George was used on the front to support from the water pump bolt to a hole in the frontside of the pump. I used the mounting hole in the pump opposite the one used on the back to locate the pump mounted on top of the engine mount. I had to trim a considerable amount of material off the main Bill Dorry bracket to fit it around the exhaust manifold.
IMG_2291.jpg
IMG_2293.jpg
IMG_2294.jpg

I love it. It survive the week of Moab without an issue. Two things I have noticed though going downhill the back-end does want to come up more because it is so light. And there is no departure angle but that took a little while to get used to.
FB_IMG_1533047378895.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom