GROUP BUY - MMP Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Something also interesting, AFIAK the first Gturbos where basically a 16g compressor in a CT26 and considered the tits nipples at the time. Now we have have ceramic ball bearing turbos and VNTs with bespoke wheels. It's only been 6-7 years?

I liked Graeme's posts. He had a unique combination of money to burn, desire to do things no one else has done (stroker/bored out 12H-t in a bloody 80 series), genuine knowledge, (at the time) no financial reason to not share the info and a solid dose of motivation. Most of us talking about these things are only vapor building, he went out and did it.

My comments weren't against Graeme at all . Graeme has helped me a lot over the years And he is the reason I do what I do. It's no secret I have had some gturbos fail, one was my fault. Graeme happily replaced or fixed all that were coved by his warranty .

Last edited:
I don't believe that was the point of @Mcreight911's post.

Oh yes, I was simply going on with the topic of Gturbo early days.

My comments weren't against Graeme at all . Graeme has helped me a lot over the years And he is the reason I do what I do. It's no secret I have had some gturbos fail, one was my fault. Graeme happily replaced or fixed all that were coved by his warranty .

I didn't take your post as being negative about Gturbo at all. Simply reminiscing on the good old days.

Also good to see you onboard MMP!

Just out of curiosity, do/will you have a journal bearing alternative to this turbo? Can we know what turbine it is based around?

Bit of an update. My turbo will be here later in the month and I'm gearing up to fit it. I'm excited.

Back to the compressor wheel talk from a few pages back, the 7+7 blade compressor wheel Luke was telling me about is actually a 73mm exducer. So that means it is a compromise of the 71mm and 76mm wheels with the wider map to go with it.
This is the wheel that will be on my turbo when it turns up.

Any updates? Anyone get their turbo early? April 26th they were supposed to be shipped in two weeks. On May 8th some people that wanted them without lines were supposed to have shipped. I figured if anyone had received theirs they would have posted here.

Mine has been delivered but I have not had a chance to fit it yet.

I could never really understand how people could have something like this just sitting in the shed and not get it on straight away but here I am in that exact position!
I just can't seem to find the time between work, family commitments, studying, a camping trip that has been planned for months and buying a house, I just cant seem to get it to happen.
At this stage it looks like won't be going on until mid next month!!!

Well it sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Mine probably won't be going on soon either because if something happens and my truck is down I can't tow my boat.
I had emailed Luke Friday asking for an update. He replied Monday that they should be shipping the following day and he would send tracking. I haven't heard anything since then

Not having a tow rig for the boat just will not be tolerated!
Plan for the worst and hope for the best.
I doused all the nuts and studs in penetrene twice a day for 4 days and then pulled my old turbo off just to make sure that job did not turn into a major catastrophe. All went well in the end so I'm confident I should be able to do the swap with (I hope) minimum unexpected problems.

That's exciting that it's possibly on its way but not nice that you have not heard.

My turbo has been delivered.
I will see what I can find out for you mate.

Yep. I understand.
It would be reassuring to know what position everyone else is in right now.
I still feel kind of responsible. I will see what I can find out and let you know anyways.

Under promise and over deliver. I get frustrated when I'm told two extra weeks, which is fine, till it turns into 4. Then I'm told it ships tomorrow but a week later nothing. I would be fine if there were some actual dates that are being upheld

Yeah I completely understand. That's the way I think it should happen too.

After talking to Luke for hours and hours I was of the belief that that was the way he dealt too.
He did tell me that he was super busy in April already, before I even did the group buy, but I don't think that is an excuse for no communication after payment is made.

Yeah I completely understand. That's the way I think it should happen too.

After talking to Luke for hours and hours I was of the belief that that was the way he dealt too.
He did tell me that he was super busy in April already, before I even did the group buy, but I don't think that is an excuse for no communication after payment is made.

I have emailed Luke 3 times in the last 7 days and have yet to hear anything back. I can understand a delay but a no response is completely unacceptable, especially when I prepaid 100% funds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom