GROM VLine v. Road Top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have read through the many threads pertaining to the aforementioned, but would like input from those that have used both. I’ve had the VLine (via a group buy) for a number of years yet never installed. Now I’m wondering if the Road Top or similar would be a better option. I’m in the Apple ecosystem and would like the CarPlay. Thanks.

You already bought GROM. Why not installed it and try it out? Instead of wasting more money to get another solution, use GROM. I used GROM for years for CarPlay. Aside of requiring tinkering, it works for me.

You already bought GROM. Why not installed it and try it out? Instead of wasting more money to get another solution, use GROM. I used GROM for years for CarPlay. Aside of requiring tinkering, it works for me.
Have you used the VLine?

Have you used the VLine?
My first vline was defective. I liked the replacement Grom except I had a line on my screen their solutions never fixed. Other than that it worked great. I'm running a differerent system now that had glitches of its own.

In hindsight I'd just run a vent phone holder and be content if I was starting all over.

Sounds like you don’t want to install the GROM, might as well just sell it and get a RoadTop. you won’t regret having CarPlay one way or the other.

I've been on the fence for weeks. Go with a simple bluetooth/aux adapter (BT45-TOY) for $150 plus a roadtop 8.9 for about $250. This would yield a modern screen with full touch capabilities, but it would result in a mess of wires and extra screen on the dashboard. OR, a Grom VLITE2 for about $460 which would be OEM, cleaner look, gets me most of the functionality of carplay (all I really need is the display of the nav and media controls). Price is close enough between the two options, I'm torn. I want clean and I just want it to work with good audio quality. I'm reading Grom has it's issues with audio quality and the RoadTop solution would be a visual mess. Decisions decisions.

Another option: Qudelix-5K DAC. Cheap, great sound with no volume loss, phone is the controller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom