Grinding sound and vibration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much do those cost to buy a pair? I was told at Express Trailers they don't use those because they
aren't good for lighter offroad trailers, which I actually thought - malarkey!

I've sent an email to find out. My 17' is 2250 lbs dry so I don't know if that would be considered light weight in their minds

This past weekend I was looking at some "Tiger Moth" offroad trailers in Langley, and they have this suspension, and are ridiculously light.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/K5Ho2EDtm7FYWY2N6

If you're looking at those you may as well do what my buddy did and bring in a Patriot Trailer from Oz.
Patriot Campers - The Ultimate Off Road Camper Trailer. Built for the harsh Australian Outback. View the award winning Patriot Campers Range.

Bill.jpg

For me, being solo that's too much trailer. Not that I don't appreciate the value of them.
Sort of like those Maltec trucks, I like the idea, but not the $175,000 cost. I'm more
along the lines of skeleton trailer with gear.

If you're looking at those you may as well do what my buddy did and bring in a Patriot Trailer from Oz.
Patriot Campers - The Ultimate Off Road Camper Trailer. Built for the harsh Australian Outback. View the award winning Patriot Campers Range.

That's what I have now, more or less; the m101 with my RTT. I'm getting to a point where I just want to open a door to get to my bed, but still needs to be a small/nimble trailer.
This is what I want, but getting it here will need a couple lottery tickets.
https://www.tracktrailer.com.au/tvan/

I've had my eye on the "off grid" units made in Alberta, a more reasonable price point.
Off Grid Trailers

From the manufacturer. I haven't gotten back to them yet.

Good morning ,

Thank you for your interest in Timbren products. I recommend reviewing our Axle less products.

Our axle less suspensions are designed with durability, and all weather extremes in mind.

These suspensions have been tested to -50 deg. C to +100 deg. C, and carry a 3 year warranty on the complete assy.
We have a wide range of products for the axle less suspension.
You will need to identify your capacities, and Brake , and hub / wheel type that you desire.

Please review our Axle less product finder on our website-

http://timbren.com/axle-less-product-finder/

Select your capacity in the selector box on left of screen.
This will populate screen with the options for that capacity, and you can the select the desired ride height .
Once you have a product selected, you can open and view the Weight and dimensions , and installation instructions (in Blue print).
The instructions will provide necessary information to assist you in building your trailer with our suspensions.

On the same product page you can then scroll to bottom of web page for the available accessories.

Once you have the product you require, and brake and hubs part # , we can provide pricing.
If you are having difficulties with our website, or finding a correct product , you can always email us , or Call.

Louis Charpentier.

Timbren Industries Inc.
320 Hopkins Street
Whitby, ON, L1N 2B9
Canada
Phone 800-263-3113, 905-444-9004
Fax 905-444-9005
email: sales@timbren.com
web site: www.timbren.com

lie down under it and check for play on the pinion flanges and the t.case output flanges to see if bearing issues. Check oil levels everywhere. Check front driveshaft as well since its an 80. Even something dumb like broken exhaust or engine mount causing contact/vibration under engine braking. just normal pretrip checks if you haven't looked it over in a while.

Like usual, I've ignored it long enough for the insurance to expire tonight :) I will be checking those recommendations at some point.

As for pre-trip inspection? Looks like there's air in the tires. Good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom