Grinding noise when wheel is in full lock to the left (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting a grinding noise from the front left wheel in drive when my steering wheel is in full lock to the left. It doesn't make this grinding in full lock to the left when in reverse. Does anyone have any ideas on where I should start to look? Could it be the LCA? CV axle? I just had both CV axles replaced about 5k miles ago with no issues until now. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

When turned it likely the wheel bearing or CV, especially if it doesn't happen the other direction. If it's the wheel bearing you can check both sides with a jack and a shake at 12 and 6 on the tire. The CV would likely be the left CV but I've seen either cause this. harder to diagnose without getting dirty or putting it on a rack and letting it spin and listening.

I'm getting a grinding noise from the front left wheel in drive when my steering wheel is in full lock to the left. It doesn't make this grinding in full lock to the left when in reverse. Does anyone have any ideas on where I should start to look? Could it be the LCA? CV axle? I just had both CV axles replaced about 5k miles ago with no issues until now. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
Did you figure this out? I just put in new CVs and its grinding locked to the left.

Did you figure this out? I just put in new CVs and its grinding locked to the left.
Did you get this figured out? I’m really stuck. I have the same issue and relaxes both CV’s both oil seals and the drivers side needle bearing. Drained and filled my front diff and put it all back together and now at near full lock left it’s grinding/metal on metal rotational sound. I can’t tell which side is doing it, but I tried greasing the steeling stops on the LCA’s and that definitely not the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom