Greta the 1987 HJ60 Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Purchased my land cruiser in September of 2019 with 354,xxx km. It was rusty as hell. Everything in the engine bay has a leak. Perfect for building up into my overlander/wheeling rig. This aint a show car. It was meant for wheeling and camping. Just wanted to share the progress ive done on the cruiser since I've got it. I have a blog that has more photos. Ih8mud only allows 5 photos so its hard to show everything.

To-Do:
- Rust in frame
- Rust in rocker panels and rear of frame
- Rust in floorboard attaching the rear seats

- Suspension is saggy
- Rear main seal leaks about 3 drops of oil every time I shut her off
- Doesn't start due to neutral safety switch.
- No muffler
- Taillights dont turn on

- Belt + pulley change
- Gaskets
- Diff fluid change
- Transfer case fluid change
- ATF fluid change
- Front Brake Pad
- Rear brake disc pads
- Warn 8274 Rebuild

- Other stuff

Planned Upgrades:
- OME Lift
- ARB Lockers
- Rear Bumper build
- Snorkel
- Roof rack
- Light Bars + Camping Lights
- Rock sliders

IMG_2682.JPEG

IMG_2683.JPEG

IMG_2686.JPEG

IMG_2697.JPEG

IMG_2715.JPEG

Last edited:
Theres about 77 hours of welding that has gone into this. Again. my blog has more of the photos but this is basically it.

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

I couldn't believe how nice the 30-year-old paint turned out on the cruiser. Used my orbital polisher and then hand waxed. To top it off I wanted to try ceramic coating.

Completely detailed the interior as well. Shampood the headliner and all the seats. Amazing how much dirt was trapped inside. I didn't notice how dirty it was until I looked at the before and after photos. I can't believe I use to drive around in all that dirt.

Now that its clean of all the past owners' dirt, its time to get her dirty and get some fresh mud on her. Just kidding. Will probably be pulling the motor soon and doing a bit of a refresh.

IMG_4970.JPEG

IMG_5004.JPG

IMG_5005.JPG

IMG_5073.JPEG

IMG_5074.JPEG

A mighty Landcruiser deserves a mighty winch to go along with it. Ended up finding two 8274s for around $100 CAD each. Rough exterior shape and quite a lot of rust. Using parts from both winches, I was able to produce 1 good winch that still needed new parts. Luckily you can order brand new parts from the local Lordco auto parts store. It's a very simple rebuild and it's well documented online. The cost was around $1600 CAD to rebuild it with a new motor and 100' of 3/8" Amsteel Blue synthetic rope (Amongst various smaller parts). Its amazing what a wire wheel can do to a few decades of rust.

IMG_4197.JPEG

IMG_4202.JPEG

IMG_4227.JPEG

IMG_4241.JPEG

IMG_4804.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom